➥ four

A day had passed since Minjeong arrived in Orlando, and it was mostly eating, studying, taking walks in the heat, and swimming.

Out of all of Jimin's friends, she liked Ningning the most. The two had grown pretty close- close enough for her to give Ningning her number and Ningning to call her at two in the morning telling her that her, Jimin, Aeri and Jeno were going for a nighttime swim. Minjeong showed up to the pool dressed in a two-piece swimsuit and a sweater that she zipped closed, but left open once she slipped into the pool.

"Aish, it's cold," Minjeong muttered as she slipped in, and Ning swam over with a laugh.

"Yeah, Jimin likes it cold. Like her heart," Ningning teased, and Jimin laughed and splashed her. Minjeong, meanwhile, did a few dives to test her abilities in the water. It had been ages since she'd last swam in anything except homework.

"It's so nice in your backyard," Jeno said to Jimin, eliciting a bright smile and thank-you from the girl. Minjeong felt a very faint annoyance show itself in the back of her stomach, but she squashed it and continued to try swimming around. Jeno was standing pretty close to Jimin in the water, wearing nothing but swimming trunks and giving her a smile shinier than the floodlights casting white water all across the pool.

After half an hour, Minjeong got cold and excused herself upstairs. Fifteen minutes later she heard Jimin coming upstairs and opening her bedroom door, and water running, which meant she was taking a shower. 

Minjeong got up to take a shower also, bumping into Jimin as the two swapped places, one leaving and one entering.

"Hey, Jimin?" Minjeong paused by the shower, turning to look at the dripping-wet girl clothed in only a white towel. "I have a question."

"Yeah?" Minjeong tried to ignore the beauty of the dark-haired girl as she cast her a curious look. "What's up?"

"How do you like Jeno?"

Jimin looked at her, confused. "What do you mean?"

Minjeong sighed. "I know we don't know each other that well, but sticking to someone like that is impressive. Especially since you two barely see each other."

A confused blush spread its way across Jimin's face. "Um... thank you. And I don't mind being closer friends, you know. You seem really nice."

Minjeong laughed. "Thanks. Just saying, I'm happy for you, I guess. Even though we just seriously met."

Jimin smiled brightly. "Thanks! I really like Jeno. He's a sweet guy. I kind of want to move here to stay with him."

Minjeong gave her a close-lipped smile, then turned towards the shower. "Okay. Good night, Jimin."

"Goodnight, Minjeong."