➥ nine

In the past few days, Minjeong had learned Jimin was quite interested in testing the waters.

Both literally and figuratively, actually. Jimin had been especially friendly with Jeno for the past while only to figure out her feelings for him, even though Ning had suggested to just bite the bullet and make a move. Jimin had sort of done that, but her interrupting Minjeong with a kiss completely made that disappear.

Minjeong and Jimin were lying on Jimin's bed, talking.

"How do you feel about me, really?" Jimin wondered, tapping her long nails on her phone case and looking at Minjeong, curious.

"I really like you," Minjeong answered, smiling lazily. "Honestly. And those days when you were with Jeno were... not great."

"But we're not amazingly close," Jimin commented, tossing her phone away and knocking her forehead against Minjeong's. "Why me?"

"Several reasons, Jimin-ah," Minjeong answered. "But I'll tell you them all later."

"Really?" Jimin asked. Her lips quirked up in a gentle smile. "Do you know that you're the only person who calls me Jimin? Everyone else calls me Karina or Rina."

Minjeong laughed, rolling closer to Jimin. "Your Korean name is my pet name for you, then. Jimin."

Jimin leaned forward with a soft smirk and kissed Minjeong on the lips, leaning into the kiss. Minjeong cuddled her close and deepened the kiss slowly. Jimin adjusted herself quietly, wrapping her arms around Minjeong's neck and pulling her down so that the two of them lay beside each other, lips locked and arms around each other.

Finally, Jimin inhaled, breaking the kiss.

"You want to know why I like you, Jimin?" Minjeong murmured against the other's lips, still in Jimin's arms.

"Yes," Jimin breathed.

"Because you're you. Sweet when you're sober and fun when you're drunk. Talkative, but you know when to listen. Beautiful and playful all at the same time."

Jimin stared into Minjeong's eyes, blushing, her cat eyes shining brightly. "A little more than a week and..."

"... I fell for you," Minjeong finished.

Jimin blushed even deeper, wrapping her arms tighter around Minjeong's neck. "You know... when you first got here, I didn't think we'd be anything. But then I got to know you, and... every time you were around me I started to get butterflies. When we first kissed it was..."

"... beyond words," Minjeong completed with a soft laugh. "Now I finish your sentences."

Jimin smirked playfully, kissing the laugh from Minjeong's lips. "You know, when I kissed you it was kind of an experiment. I knew you felt something for me, but I wanted to know if I did too."

"I told you not to play with me, Yu Jimin," Minjeong sighed, shaking her head and detaching herself from Jimin's arms.

"No, no, wait!" Jimin yelped, hugging Minjeong from behind quickly. "I wanted to know if my feelings were real!"

Minjeong's body shook, and for a terrifying moment Jimin was afraid she was crying.

"Minjeong?" Jimin murmured softly.

Minjeong's body shook harder.

"Minjeong-"

Jimin's eyes flew open in surprise as Minjeong whirled around and sealed her lips with a soft kiss, drawing the breath from Jimin's lips as she gasped. "You-"

"You just made me like you more by saying that," Minjeong murmured against Jimin's lips.

Jimin giggled and pulled Minjeong close again. "Don't do that to me again, Kim Winter. I'll make you regret it."

"Don't call me Winter," Minjeong retorted, leaning forward to quiet the girl in front of her with a kiss.