➥ eight

Jimin and Jeno had been going out so much it was starting to make Minjeong sick.

She kept discovering them doing stuff in random parts of the house- giggling in the fridge when she went to get a drink, snuggled up watching television on the couch when she went down to relax in the living room, chatting by the pool when she went to take a swim. It was driving her crazy, and the indecipherable looks Jimin gave her were making it light-years worse.

She and Jimin hadn't talked since her quasi-confession and their argument.

The cat-eyed girl seemed to get prettier every day, though. Minjeong's jealousy of Jeno was growing by the day, and she kept finding herself constantly capitalizing on what she felt he was doing wrong. 

He shouldn't have left her hand on the couch like that; he should've held it.

They shouldn't sit apart like that. I'd cuddle close to her if it was me.

Is he blind? He's sitting on her phone. And it's buzzing. Is he stupid?

God, I'm so delusional.

Minjeong walked through the foyer, tapping on her phone. She'd just come back from a lazy walk around the town when she heard a thump and a curse.

Jimin. Her heart rate blasted up and she dropped her phone haphazardly in her pocket and raced to the stairs, skidding around the corner and tripping to the foot of the stairs. "Oh my God, are you okay?"

Jimin sat at the foot of the stairs, her hands wrapped around her ankle, which was bent at an odd angle. "I- ouch!"

"Don't move. I mean, I know you can't, but just stay calm." Minjeong got up and raced towards the nearest bathroom. In her brief stay at the house, she'd made a point of memorizing where all the first-aid equipment was, and returned with ice and a bandage, which she carefully wrapped around Jimin's ankle. "How did this happen?"

Jimin opened her mouth confusedly, and that was when Minjeong remembered they weren't talking. "Uh, I mean. Never mind."

"No, it's okay," Jimin said softly, and Minjeong's heart thumped again. God, she'd missed this girl. "I just moved too fast."

"Aish," Minjeong chided, and the other girl broke into a smile. "Move slower, okay? I know you love being fast."

Suddenly, before Minjeong knew what was happening, a slow tear dropped down Jimin's cheek.

"I've been trying all week," the cat-eyed girl croaked. "I've been inviting him over, texting him, calling him. My interest in him should be peaking. I should be wanting to call him and confess right now. He even kissed me goodbye last night. But nothing. It's like..."

Minjeong stared in astonishment. Jeno had kissed Jimin? But... "It's like you've lost feelings?"

"Yes," Jimin cried. "He's just so... It's like the only thing in his personality is liking me. I've never noticed it before because Ning never encouraged me to make such moves like I did this year. And it hurts."

"Hey, hey," Minjeong murmured, wrapping the other girl into a hug as Jimin sniffled into her shoulder. "It's gonna be okay. You can change him, right? He likes you?"

"But that's everything I know about him. Everything else is so... boring. I can't get to know him like that," Jimin sighed, her tears staining Minjeong's shirt.

If only you knew how crazy you make me. If only. But you aren't interested in that kind of relationship with me.

"It's okay," Minjeong repeated.

But it wasn't okay, and that was for several reasons. Firstly, it was that Minjeong was right: Jeno wasn't enough for Jimin. Secondly, it was that Minjeong wasn't good at getting her heart broken. She dealt with it badly.

And she was getting her heart broken right now.

After a few more minutes of crying and comforting, Jimin got up awkwardly, leaning heavily on Minjeong. "Thank you," the other girl mumbled.

"Of course, anytime," Minjeong replied, helping her into the living room, where they collapsed onto the couch into a tangled mess of limbs.

Minjeong tried to extricate herself, but she felt arms around her neck.

"Don't go," Jimin whispered, her lips on Minjeong's temples and her breath in Minjeong's ear. "Not yet."

Minjeong's heartbeat was speeding so fast that she was surprised she hadn't already fainted into Jimin's arms like some kind of princess. "Wh- what are you- doing?"

"Relaxing," Jimin sighed, cuddling Minjeong close. "Stay still."

Minjeong sighed shakily, in and out. But then she realized that Jimin hadn't even defined what she was actually doing.

I bet she's playing with me again, like she was when she was drunk.

"Please don't play with me," Minjeong whispered, leaning back, away from Jimin. "I don't think I can take it."

"Play with you?" Jimin inquired, leaning closer. Her dark eyes were coaxing Minjeong closer. "And why would I do that?"

"You did when you were drunk," Minjeong answered, barely audibly. "You whispered into my ear and were all over me."

"Was I, really?" Jimin nodded curiously. "That sounds like me."

Minjeong tried to stand, but Jimin held her fast. "Where are you going?"

"Let me go, please," Minjeong begged. "I don't want this. Can you stop?"

Jimin quirked an eyebrow at her. "Want what? Two friends cuddling on the couch? Is that so much to ask for?"

It was Minjeong's turn to raise a suspicious eyebrow. Jimin was straddling Minjeong. One of Minjeong's legs was up, and her knee Jimin was using as an armrest. Jimin had her right arm wrapped around Minjeong's neck, and the fingers of her left hand pressed against Minjeong's hip. Minjeong's arms were lazily wrapped around Jimin's waist.

From a distance, it did not look "just friendly."

"Okay, maybe not," Jimin amended, but Minjeong beat her to the punch, using the couch as a springboard to slip herself from Jimin's embrace.

"Sorry. I can't do this right now."

"Then when?" Jimin asked.

"Wh- what?"

Jimin stepped forward, not touching Minjeong but very damn nearly touching her. Minjeong's heartbeat was speeding again. "I'm not playing with you, Winter."

"Don't call me-"

Jimin cut Minjeong off by smashing her lips against hers.

Minjeong responded immediately, curling her fingers into Jimin's hair and pulling the other girl against her. Jimin let out a squeak of surprise but didn't resist, wrapping her arms around Minjeong's waist as Minjeong kissed her hungrily. They stayed like that for a few moments, then Jimin finally pulled away, gasping for air.

"You have small lungs," Minjeong murmured, her hands still in Jimin's hair. "I could've kept going."

Jimin didn't say anything, but then mumbled, blushing, "That was it."

"Huh?"

"You know when you kiss someone and it's like- it's like-"

"Shut up," Minjeong whispered to her.

"No, I mean it! It's like-"

Minjeong cut her off with another kiss.

a/n: SORRY THAT WAS A LIL RUSHED BUT I'M KINDA GRINDING OUT THESE CHAPTERS CUZ IM TRYNA FOCUS ON THIS OTHER FIC. ITLL RELEASE SOON! ALSO: THANK YOU FOR THESE FEW DEVOTED READERS WHO KEEP VOTING AND COMMENTING I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH THANK YOU!!!!