➥ seven

It was official; Minjeong was down bad.

Down bad enough to make excuses to leave a room whenever Jimin walked in, down bad enough to never sit next to her at parties or meals, down bad enough to leave her to Jeno when she got drunk (which killed Minjeong on the inside). Jeno and Jimin were progressing at a good pace, hanging around each other a little more. However, Minjeong still worried that he was too docile for Jimin; she had a feeling Jimin wanted someone more active. Minjeong could clearly see this in Jimin's constant drunken flirting.

Well, not much anymore, since she tried to ignore the girl as much as humanly possible.

Jimin gave her the occasional hurt or confused look, but Minjeong kept on avoiding her. Everything about Jimin got her. The eyes, the voice, the looks. The cuteness when drunk. Being talkative. When it was just them, everything clicked.

God, she was obsessed.

That night, Minjeong headed up to sleep early, due to being tired throughout the day. What she didn't hear was Jimin following her and sneaking into her room.

"Oh my God!" Minjeong yelped upon turning around and discovering the other girl leaning against a closed door, arms akimbo. "A little notice next time?"

"No, 'cause then you'd just ignore me like the rest of the week." Jimin frowned at her, peeling herself off the door and walking towards Minjeong, who backed up fast against the bed. "Why won't you talk to me? What did I do?"

You existed. God, how do I answer? "What do you mean?"

"Don't play dumb. You've been avoiding me. I mean, I know I can talk a lot and I know my friends can be a little much, but what's the matter? Everything was completely fine until the night my parents were out and we had that little gathering."

Yeah, because that's when you whispered in my ear and all my sanity vanished. "Um."

"Aren't you an English student?"

"Yes, yes! It's just... you make it hard to reply." Minjeong blushed instantly, hiding her face. Why did I just say that? "I mean, you make it... um. I'm just gonna stop talking now."

Jimin's eyebrows seemed to be endlessly rising. They gravitated upwards until her eyes looked so shocked it was almost comical to look at. "God, why are you so nervous? Please tell me it's not what I think it is."

Minjeong's blush vanished in an instant, and she shook off her feeling of inferiority. "Oh, sorry, my bad. It's not what you think it is at all, because everything's about you and you get to control everything with your perfect house and perfect parents and perfect oblivious crush that can't do anything. So no, it's not what you think it is. Now, I get it's your house, so I'm gonna graciously take a walk where you're not obliged to follow me."

She slipped past the surprised Jimin and stormed down the hallway, leaving the house and continuing down the street. A little farther down, quick tears started to leak from her eyes and clothe her face.

Minjeong never cried. It wasn't even an outright rejection, so why now?

This girl made her feel so many confusing emotions, and they barely knew each other.

That was when Minjeong realized.

I'm in love with Jimin, jealous of Jeno, and the reason I feel angry at her is because she doesn't feel like me.