epilogue

"Woahhh," Somi admired as Minjeong rang the doorbell.

She and Somi were standing outside Jimin's parents' beach house in Orlando. Minjeong made a point of visiting every year, her and Jimin, and this year, Somi.

After that winter confrontation, Jimin had worked up the courage to ask Minjeong out and Minjeong had obviously said yes. Then, Jimin explained what she'd meant by "roommate": Haesun and Kyunghoon were sending Jimin over to Korea to study as an exchange.

In Busan.

Which was a forty-minute drive from Yangsan, where Minjeong lived.

When Minjeong found out, she quite literally squealed over the phone, then spent the remainder of the call going on and on about everything they'd do together. Jimin had just laughed- even though she was usually the talker- and said, Anything it takes to be with you.

Minjeong had melted at that.

So several months and phone calls later, Minjeong and her best friend were on their way to Jimin's vacation house (which Jimin had arrived at a week prior) to finally spend a perfect summer together before college.

"It's big, right?" Minjeong laughed as the door slowly swung open, revealing a girl wearing short denim cutoffs and a crop top.

"MINDUNGIE!"

"Ning!" Minjeong laughed, stumbling back as the other girl enveloped her in a massive hug. Ning's smile was the same as ever as she pulled back, goofy and wide as usual. "Rina's upstairs. She's been whining about missing you for the past week. Oh, is this Somi?"

"Yeah," Minjeong answered, and then Ning was smiling again, pumping Somi's hand up and down, dragging the other girl inside while Minjeong looked on and giggled at Somi's expression.

Minjeong entered the house slowly, wheeling the suitcases behind her into the airy house. She'd already greeted Haesun outside, and Kyunghoon was shopping, so the only people left to greet were Aeri and the boys.

And, of course, her girlfriend, whose yell was even louder than Ning's, tailed by a squeal.

"MINJEONG!"

Minjeong laughed as a dark-haired blur whizzed down the staircase and attacked her with a hug and a flurry of kisses, jumping on her and wrapping her legs around Minjeong's waist like a koala. Jimin clung to her, smiling like an idiot, cat eyes shining brightly and all Minjeong could think was how much she missed her (even though they'd literally seen each other two weeks ago).

"Baby, I missed you," Jimin mumbled, kissing her again, and Minjeong's face split into a wide grin. She was about to pull Jimin into a longer kiss when Aeri emerged grumpily, complaining about her ears, but gave Minjeong a hug as best she could, what with her half-carrying Jimin around.

Ning and Somi appeared from the kitchen, and Somi's jaw dropped at the sight of the girl clinging to Minjeong.

"Hey, you must be Somi," Jimin greeted civilly, hopping off Minjeong and extending her hand towards her. The blonde girl stepped forward in surprise and shook the proffered hand, shaking her head.

"Wow."

This caused more giggles from Ning, whose arm was now slung around Aeri, and then the doorbell rung.

"That must be the boys," Jimin announced and went to open the door. Jaemin, Jeno and Jaehyun stepped in, Jeno sending glances at Jimin the whole time that Minjeong tried to ignore.

After introductions were complete, the festivities were moved to the pool, where Somi shed her awkwardness by cannonballing into and promptly splashing Minjeong all over, eliciting giggles from her girlfriend. Ning and Aeri lazed by the poolside, Ning occasionally calling out to Somi to chat to her and take breaks from Aeri's constant grumping. Jeno spent the time shooting curious glances at Minjeong and Jimin and chatting with the other boys, while Jaemin was eyeing Somi interestedly.

Jaehyun, who was lazily listening to Jeno and Jaemin's conversation, shot Minjeong a knowing glance, which she just smiled at.

Minjeong and Jimin themselves were by the pool. Well, to be more accurate, Jimin was in the pool and Minjeong was laying beside it, arms crossed and head resting on top of them as she gazed down into the water at her girlfriend, who looked up at her as they talked.

"You know," Jimin remarked, tossing her long hair back, "what was Jaehyun's secret?"

"God, you remembered that?" Minjeong laughed, then smiled down at Jimin, who was gazing up at her, engaged in the conversation. "It was actually that he had a secret boyfriend off somewhere. Crazy, yeah?"

"Whoa, really?" Jimin gaped in surprise, then flicked water at Ning, who yelped in surprise and toppled into the pool with a splash, causing Aeri to burst into laughter and dive in after her. The two of them came up kissing, met with a wolf whistle by Somi and a laugh from Minjeong.

"Yes, really," Minjeong admitted. "You know, that's the day I fell for you, right?"

Jimin's dark eyes shot up to her, completely distracted from Ning and Aeri's shenanigans. "You what? Wasn't I so drunk that day?"

"Yeah," Minjeong agreed with a laugh. "But you were so beautiful, and you being so close to me like that made me realize how much I didn't want to lose you. Ever. And I still don't.

"I love you, Yu Jimin."

Maybe it was the sunlight or the water around her, but Jimin's eyes were shining, staring up at Minjeong like she'd just hung the stars in the sky or invented instant ramen. Even though it was light outside, Jimin was clearly blushing all over, and she propped herself up on the poolside to gaze into Minjeong's eyes.

"I love you too," Jimin murmured, and then she was pulling Minjeong down into the water, not caring that six people were watching them, and their lips were meeting and Minjeong was soaked but she didn't care. Minjeong was smiling, and Jimin was giggling, her laughs sending bubbles into the water that tickled Minjeong's face softly. "So much."

They finally surfaced what seemed like ages later, gasping for air and both soaking wet. Jeno was looking at them both in what seemed like shock, but one "Finally" from Aeri and a high-pitched laugh from Ningning seemed to spark him into movement again. He just gave them a weak smile.

The rest of the day passed in a blur, full of kisses and laughter and movies in an airy room upstairs. When night dawned the entire group was half-awake. Ningning had one eye open, sprawled on top of a (naturally) grumbling Aeri. Jeno was watching absentmindedly from a nearby chair, and Jaemin was out cold on the floor while Jaehyun watched from next to him. Somi was snuggled into the cushions on her phone, probably texting Chaeyoung, her neighbor (who she insisted she was just friends with, contrary to Minjeong's belief) and Minjeong herself was tucked into the corner of the room, Jimin beside her.

The two were cuddling, watching the movie, Minjeong's face buried in Jimin's neck as she breathed her in.

"Scared?" Jimin murmured quietly to her girlfriend, tailed by a soft laugh.

"Yes," Minjeong grumped, cuddling tighter against her, wrapping her arms around Jimin's waist. "I don't like horror."

"Maybe I should make you watch it just for you to cling to me like this more."

"Jiminie!" Minjeong accused, but she was smiling, and Jimin planted a soft kiss to her cheek.

The night passed slowly, everyone convened in that one room late into the dark. Whispers flew around the room.

But only one thing mattered to Minjeong at the moment.

The girl next to her, and the love they shared, the love that would last deep into college and beyond, into a loving family and the eventual transformation of the summer home into a real home for Jimin and Minjeong. Love that spread everywhere- Ning and Aeri's marriage and side-by-side jobs, Somi's following her dreams and engagement to Chaeyoung, and Jeno's finding of another true love and Jaehyun's marrying his boyfriend (who turned out to be an adorable guy named Taeyong).

The summer where Kim Minjeong, planner, organizer, speaker of facts, fell for Yu Jimin, talker, dreamer, and full of love.

The summer where a fling turned into a lifetime.

- fin -

a/n: THANK YOU TO ALL WHO'VE READ THIS AND VOTED AND COMMENTED, I LOVE YOU ALL ❤❤❤❤❤❤