- 7 -

Photo Above: Motel Room _____________________________

_____________________________

"Can you please just forgive me?" Leon said, I rolled my eyes at him for probably the hundredth time.

"Not until you tell me the truth Leon, you were pretty much rabid back there.." We were now at an actual motel. Clearly abandoned buildings were too dangerous to crash in, resulting in me forcing him to stop at a real working building, with actual people servicing rooms out.

"Fuck.." He huffed, inhaling and exhaling deeply as he paced the room in front of me. I was on the bed, criss cross with my arms crossed as well, a cigarette between my fingers.

"I... I still can't control myself properly okay?" He turned to me as he spoke, his eyes wide and eyebrows raised.

"So.. how many people have you actually killed? What all have you lied about to my face Leon?" I pressed him, taking a deep puff of my cigarette.

"Me? What about you?" I squinted my eyes at him, taking in his stance. "For all I know, we could both be lying about everything." He shot out as he sat down in front of me, back facing me.

I sighed, rolling my eyes. "Fine.." He turned to look at me, a cocky look on his face with an eyebrow raised.

I took another puff, talking as the smoke came out with my words. "I'll tell you if you tell me, if not then... then I'm out. I'll go somewhere else by myself Leon." My strict words were complete lies.. once again. I wanted to leave but didn't want to at the same time, the thought of it was.. painful.

He was right about one thing though.. I have been lying to him, about a number of things too.. only one of the lies being the most important.

I watched as he sighed, raking a hand through his curls as he turned and propped himself criss cross in front of me on the bed.

"Okay.." He said with a sly smirk on his face, his eyes immediately focused into mine, as if he was studying me."I'll go first" He prompted.

I nodded, getting a nod in return before he spoke.  "How many people have you actually killed"

I chuckled, "20 or more.. I've lost count" I tilted my head with a smirk, keeping my gaze in his eyes. "You?" I asked.

"30, 40... to be honest, a lot.. more than a normal eater could ever kill"

"and this means you killed.. Mothers? Fathers?" I was glued to getting the answers I wanted as I urged him to tell me more.

He nodded, "I know it's not the right thing to do but I'm smarter about it now.."

"Okay.. and the truck?" I asked, I honestly didn't care if I was taking over this conversation. He can wait for my answers.

"I swear, on everything I have left in this shit life, that man was alone. Honestly, he was a straight asshole."

I raised an eyebrow, wanting to know more. He continued.. "He was harassing some woman and her kid at a grocery store, told him he was out of line and he pressed me to fight him, so I made him chase after me, led him behind a random building where I-"

"Killed him" I interrupted, he nodded confidently.

"Yeah... after that I looked through his wallet. No pictures, nothing that showed he had a family. I tossed his wallet in the river, stole the keys to his truck and heard you outside once I actually started eating him."

"Okay.. that makes sense" I mumbled as I licked my bottom lip and bit it, looking down at my hands. He reached over and gently grabbed my wrist. I watched as he carefully pushed my sleeve up, revealing the bite he had left. We finally had the chance to shower and clean up when we got to the motel. Unfortunately I was left with getting the room so Leon could sneak in. Now the bite mark was clear of blood, but it was bruised beyond belief.

He softly glided his thumb over it, staring intently. "What all did you lie about?" He asked, still grazing the bite mark gently.

I shrugged, "Nothing that would make you think less of me.. I did kill my sister, I already told you how many people i've killed... the only other thing I lied about was the control I guess.. I have trouble too.." Admitting that was embarrassing but.. I guess we were both guilty.

He chuckled, a smirk formed on his face. "Looks like we're both insane" His eyes turned to me, his head still lowered as he looked through his eyebrows.

I smirked, "Guess so.."

He bit his lip as he looked back down at my wrist, shaking his head slightly. He pulled my wrist up to his mouth as he placed a gentle kiss on the bite. "Does this mean you'll forgive me?.. for this?"

I rolled my eyes playfully, "Sure, but only after I get my revenge"

He tsked, "You're just a man eater... aren't you" He looked at me again through his eyebrows, his voice was low as he smirked, intently staring into my eyes.

I took a puff of my cigarette and leaned in, my nose barely touching his as I looked down at his lips. "Maybe... but it's just the way we are" I said, blowing the smoke out in his face. He gave me a flirtatious smirk and I couldn't help but smirk back, he honestly made me melt inside.

He started to lean in, his eyes shifting to my lips as he got closer. I pulled away playfully, shoving myself off the bed as quick as possible, "I'm gonna go get some real food"

He bit his lip, his head tilted back as he pushed himself off the bed to follow. "Fineeee" he groaned.

________________________________