- 11 -

Photo Above: The sewer tunnel

_____________________________

After Leon showered, we decided to call it a day, It was beyond late when we'd gotten there so we were both exhausted. The cramped truck was something we dreaded, knowing the time was coming to get back on the road. It was a calm night. We made ourselves comfortable and cuddled up under the covers, sometime after, I could hear Leon's Aunt leaving, back to work at the loony bin.

Somewhere deep inside of me had this urge to meet Leon's brother... My sister had been in an institution a couple times due to her depression, I thought maybe I could relate to him. I just didn't know if it was the right thing to ask.. Leon wasn't very open about his family..

Even his father.. you would think some people love talking about their family, the opportunity to boast about their talents, what you inherited and so on... but not Leon.

I was in and out of sleep that whole night, I kept having this weird dream about hallways.. endless hallways that were filled with locked doors and not a window in sight. There was a familiar voice that was calling something out but no matter how hard I tried, I could never piece together who, or what it was... every time I tried, I woke up.

I opened my eyes for what seemed like the hundredth, maybe millionth time, only this time I was met with the sunlight shining through the small window in Leon's room instead of the pitch black darkness.

I yawned as I sat up, rubbing my eyes. I looked over to a still sleeping Leon. He was out like a light, curled up into a ball with the blanket tucked under his arm. He was probably still exhausted from all of the driving.

I lightly kissed him on the forehead before gently pushing myself off the bed. I grabbed my duffel bag and headed into his bathroom.

"Jesus christ" I whispered when I finally caught a glimpse of myself in his mirror.

My makeup had smudged throughout the last couple of days, it wasn't horrible.. but it was definitely a look you see on a drunk woman coming home from the bar...

I immediately got to work, pulling out the small makeup bag I had snatched up before I left my house. I cleaned up my eyes a bit, wiping whatever eyeliner that had smudged and re-applied it, same with mascara. After all that was done, I quickly brushed my teeth.

Thankfully I didn't need to shower, my hair wasn't greasy and I still smelled like my perfume smothered clothing. Thank god..

I shoved everything back in my bag before walking back into Leon's room. I rounded the corner, getting startled as I nearly ran into a half asleep Leon.

"Holy fuck, you scared me" I chuckled, looking up to meet his gaze.

His eyes were droopy and his voice was low and raspy as he spoke with a yawn, "Sorry" he stretched, wrapping his arms around me. "You weren't next to me so I got up to find you"