- 14 -

"Jesus, this is more than a campsite in my opinion" I said to Leon, gazing over the huge forest in front of us. It had more than just campsites, there were little areas with activities for kids and adults, a pool area, RV lots, a tennis court and more.

Thankfully we were in a more secluded area made for bigger families. Instead of one fire pit, there were two. There were also four parking spaces and an RV lot incase an RV was needed.

Leon was busy setting up a large tent we got as soon as we reached a store nearby. I wanted to rent out a camper but unfortunately we both had limited money on us.

"I used to come up here and RV camp with a close friend of mine, we don't talk anymore though and I haven't seen them around. Figured this would be better than the temptations of a motel or more abandoned spots" Leon said, finishing the final touches on the tent.

"Lucky you, my family never went camping. We've never even left Ohio" I crossed my arms, leaning my back against the truck with a cigarette in hand. I puffed it, watching Leon brush his hands off as he took in his work.

He looked over to me and rubbed the back of his neck, resting his hand in the same place afterwards. "Good thing you met me" He chuckled, walking over to me.

He leaned against the truck next to me and reached down, grabbing my cigarette from my fingers carefully. I felt his arm wrap around my shoulders. I leaned into his warmth, letting his familiar scent comfort my senses.

"Yeah" I sighed, closing my eyes, letting my head fall back to rest on his bicep. I was exhausted. I pretty much drove the entire way so he could finally get the sleep he deserved.

"Tired?" I heard him ask, I hummed with a light nod. "Come on, you should probably try sleeping since you drove"

He took my hand and pulled me towards the tent. I climbed inside, gazing over the spread he had made. I gave a soft smile as I plopped myself down on the air mattress we got and wrapped myself up in one of the blankets.

Leon was right, I was beyond exhausted now that I thought about it. My foot hurt from constantly pressing on the gas petal and my ass was still numb.

"This is nice" I breathed out, letting a sigh escape my lips. I felt the air mattress shift as he sat next to me, letting the back of the tent support his weight. I turned and laid my head in his lap.

There was silence as he played with my hair. I spent some time watching as he aimlessly scrolled through his phone, showing me old photos he had.

"Wait who's that?" My finger stopped his scrolling, stopping on a picture of a much younger looking version of him with an older man. "That's my dad.." He said, zooming in a bit so I could see the man's face clearer.

"You guys look alike" I joked, Leon just sighed and scrolled past the picture. "Yeah, a lot of people say that unfortunately"

"Unfortunately?" The word shocked me, I don't understand how that could be unfortunate considering they were both good looking.

"The relationship we had wasn't good, it's something I try to keep to myself" Leon's voice was full of regret, each word slid off his tongue like he didn't want to even think about it.

I sat up, pushing my body so I was sitting in front of him. I need to know. "Leon.." I started, pushing his phone down out of his view. "Please tell me about him.."

Leon looked up, one eyebrow raised, "My dad?" I nodded, not once breaking eye contact.

He started shaking his head, "You can trust me.. I'm not going to think of you any different"