- 8 -

Chapter song: Immersive Cafe Experience - Lost & Sound

Photo Above: Motel Diner
_____________________________

"What can I get for you two?" A sweet older lady with an awfully high pitched voice jolted me out of my dazed stare as she set two glasses of water down in front of me, I was exhausted from running and sitting in a cramped truck, even reading the menu was hard work.

"You first" I heard Leon say, his eyes drilling into the menu in front of him.

"Uh.. let me get a coffee with no creamer, I'm fine with black and uh..." I paused for a moment, scanning the options in front of me. "Ok, lets do the breakfast scramble bowl, no tomato or peppers and a side of the sausage gravy"

The lady wrote fast, her chippy voice giving me a "mhmm" after every word I said. It made me cringe, she's too happy for me.

"What about you darlin?" She turned to Leon, I rolled my eyes at the obvious flirtatious attitude she put on.

"I'm going to do the same coffee wise but I'll have a bowl of lucky charms instead please"

"Alrighty then" She chirped, snatching the menu's from our grasp. Leon gave me a wide eyed 'what the fuck was that' look as she whipped away.

"Someone got dicked down good" Leon muttered, I nearly choked as I took a sip of my water. I swallowed what I could and set the glass down, "Leon" I whispered, giggling at his comment.

He shrugged, "what? you can't disagree with me on that one" he laughed, sitting back in his chair to see where the woman vanished to.

"Oh god, yeah I do agree, she's too happy for me" I laughed, still keeping my voice low.

"Awee, does Aura not like being around positivity?"

"Leon you better stop" I blushed and lightly kicked him under the table with a soft giggle.

He threw his hands up innocently, "kidding, kidding"

"Here's those coffee's for ya!" Once again, the woman was back with her happy go lucky voice. We gave her a quick thanks as she vanished again, back to the kitchen.

"So" Leon leaned in, taking a sip of his coffee, "I'm curious, what did you think of me when we first met? Back in that sketchy town?" His eyes were glued to me as he awaited an answer.

"Don't get mad but.. I thought you were a complete asshole" I giggled, glaring down into the pitch black coffee I had just received.

"None taken, I prefer to come off that way to strangers" The smirk on his lips made be blush inside, god was he good looking.

"Now I just think your fashion sense is terrible" I said as I glared at the god awful cowboy jacket he had on. It was brown with white fringes tracing around the arms and sides. It was beyond ugly. I told him to leave it when he came across it, it was left in the closet of our hotel room, it reeked of stale cigarettes and cheap cologne.