FOUR. backstabbed

     FLORENCE MIND couldn't really function

FLORENCE MIND couldn't really function. She'd hadn't had a normal day in her life and what felt normal, never really was.

She had days that felt normal, but they never really were. She wanted to feel like everyone else that she'd been around, that's part of the reason she was sent off to Camp Half-Blood, because she wanted to feel normal.

Even then, she never felt a day of normalcy in her life.

Those were some of her night thoughts. Her mind would race with a plethora of questions and comments, ideas and possibilities, and yet, she couldn't find her grounding.

She was a big sister, a daughter, a girlfriend, and now, she was a fighter. She'd always been a fighter, but something about this fight was different. This fight was life or death. It was her life or her death. Not Percy's. Not Grover's. Not Annabeth's. She would either die saving all three of them or live to tell the tale.

"Flo?" Percy called, his voice not even above a whisper. "Are you awake?"

She didn't move for a moment. Her eyes blinking rapidly as she questioned if she would reply to her brother, but with a heavy sigh, she shifting in the small bed and muttered a 'hm' under her breath.

There were only 3 beds in the cabin and Florence and Percy argued about who was getting the side of the bed closer to the window.

But in the end, they slept the opposite of each other, so no one got the window at the end.

"Do you love Matthew?"

The question made Florence furrow her brow in confusion. Though, she couldn't spit out her answer in the time she wanted.

"Because Medusa said that dad made her feel seen and brought up you and Matthew." Percy went on. "Do you love him?"

Did she love Matthew?

Yes, yes she did.

But did she feel loved by him?

That's a different question that she didn't have the answer to.