TWELVE. something to live for

     FLORENCE COULD tell that Percy was devastated about not being able to meet their father

     FLORENCE COULD tell that Percy was devastated about not being able to meet their father. He tried not to show how much it had bothered him, but Florence was his sister and she knew that boy like the back of her hand. But Percy would put that emotion aside to finish this quest and get their mother back, no matter what it took for that to happen.

But for now, the Jacksons', Annabeth, and Grover made their way to Crusty's Waterbed Palace. Their new plan was simple, but could lead to tragic events if not done correctly and it may sound silly, but walking into this Waterbed Palace could literally kill Florence and Percy if they couldn't pull this off.

Percy opened the door for Florence and the two of them stepped into the store, waterbed lining the walls on both sides of the small store. Then suddenly, a voice rang out. Percy and Florence glance up, but not seeing anyone or anything around.

"Welcome, weary travelers." The voice called. "Come on in and take the load off. These beds will change your... life."

The man appeared from the back, pausing in his steps when he saw the two siblings standing side by side near inches away from him.

"Well..." He smiled. "hello there. Missing our mommy, are we?"

"We know who you are," Percy said. "You're Procrustes. Son of Poseidon and murderer of travelers."

"Crusty, please." He muttered. "And you..." He smiled, pointing his fingers between the two of them. "you've got Dad's eyes. None of us really look alike, but you two... I'm astonished." He paused, taking small steps towards them. "Take a load off. Relax for a minute."

"We know that the beds are a trap." Florence said. "That's how you murder people."

Crusty took a step back, his brows raised and his hands clasped together. "I do?"

"There's a secret passage to the Underworld here. We know that you were left here to guard it." Florence softly smiled and shrugged her shoulders. "We really need you to let us through."

Percy looked over at Florence, in the short amount of time, he'd grown expeditiously tall. He was now taller than his sister, growing over 2 inches. All that to say, when he looked over at his sister, he nudged her which caused her to make an "oof" noise and hold her side.