TEN. who the hell is percy

     STEPPING INSIDE the casino was like a fever dream

     STEPPING INSIDE the casino was like a fever dream. There were people everywhere and it was dimly lit inside, the dull orange looming in the bright pink lights as they made their way further inside the casino.

"I know we're supposed to be saving the world, but would it be unprofessional if we just hung out here for a bit?" Percy asked, staring in awe at the scenery in front of him.

Annabeth looked up at the blond boy, her brows knit. "We find Hermes, we get him to hook us up with a ride to Los Angeles and a plan to get into the Underworld, and we are out of here ten seconds later."

"I was kidding." He said bluntly.

"Wait, hang on," Grover called.

"What?"

"Your mom told you all the stories. Did she read you the Odyssey?" He asked Percy and Florence.

"The graphic novel." They muttered.

Percy looked between the three, his brows slightly raised. "It counts."

"Odysseus lands on a beach." Grover said. "There's these guys who've forgotten where they came from, forgot everything that was important to them, and they got that way because they ate-"

"The lotus flowers." Florence muttered.

"If we go in there and then forget everything, that would be bad on a number of levels."

"But if Hermes is in there, though, then what choice do we have?" Percy said and turned towards Annabeth. "What do you think, Wise Girl?"

"Just don't eat anything." She said.

The two siblings nodded before everyone turned and looked over at Grover, who raised his brows in defense.

"Wait, why were you looking at me when you said that?" He asked.

The four of them ventured further into the casino and could only see a sea of people ahead of them. It was a crowded place and the group of four only knew each other. They knew who they were looking for, but that didn't mean they couldn't get lost in the sea of people ahead of them.