ELEVEN. remember me

     PERCY AND Annabeth had found Hermes by a poker table and talked to the god, but felt like it had only been a waste of their time

     PERCY AND Annabeth had found Hermes by a poker table and talked to the god, but felt like it had only been a waste of their time. He wasn't budging and getting through to him was like pushing yourself into a concrete wall until you managed to get through the other side.

It wasn't until Annabeth revealed that she had stolen the keys to Hermes' car that they could finally leave and let Florence and Grover know they could continue their quest.

The only problem? Well, there were multiple. For one, they had been in the casino for more than 20 minutes. It didn't even feel like 20 minutes, maybe less. They had been there for multiple days without realizing it. It was Thursday, meaning they had less time than ever to complete this mission. Time moved faster in the casino.

Second, they realized that it was being pumped into the air even though they didn't eat the lotus fruit. So, it didn't matter if they ate it or not, it was still in their system and they could easily forget who and what they needed to do.

But it was Grover that they remembered first.

Annabeth had rushed over towards a satyr with Percy by her side, the blonde boy mentioning how old Grover had gotten.

"We're looking for our friend, a satyr." Annabeth told the man. "Have you seen him?

But the man didn't answer. He just looked between Percy and Annabeth with his mouth agape and Percy decided to press on.

"Where is he?"

With that final question, the man took off and Percy was quick to chase after him and tackle him to the ground as the others looked onward with gasps and freighting looks.

"Where is Grover?" Percy asked, holding the man by the collar of his shirt and raising his voice by a couple of octaves.

And as Percy gripped the man by the shirt, his necklace had dangled. He held knit brows in confusion. He removed one hand from the man's shirt to pick up the makeshift necklace between his fingers.

A gold ring.

His eyes danced between the man and the ring before he looked up and saw various blonds looking his way as he sat on top of the man.