Slipping in the rain

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●
(A/n Trigger warning mentions of past events)
○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

Connor:

I don't remember closing my eyes but I was back in the familiar garden. Spring now and the blossom trees swayed lightly in the warm breeze. I walked down my regular path, enjoying the weather and thinking of what life would be life if we won the revolution. My thoughts of endless nights with Hank and the woman I love stopped when I felt a crunch under my foot. I'd never been interrupted here, this has always been a place of sanctity, even when there was storms, there was never something unexpected. I slowly looked down and saw a small circling blue light on the rock path and realized I had crushed an android LED. Its light slowly died out, flickering red before glitching off and a wave of unease flew into my system. I willed myself to look up the path and noticed a trail of android parts, covered in blue blood, all looking like they were violently ripped from the man or woman they blonged to. Anxiety settled itself in my throat now as I slowly followed the trail, carefully stepping around the scattered bio components. I saw the Cyberlife logo still present on each piece of my people, never able to fully be destroyed.

"Connor." A glitchy male voice said from behind me, causing panic to shoot throughout me and I froze.

No one else should be here.

I turned around slowly, immediately on edge and ready for a fight. But when I turned around, the sight stopped me in my tracks. All the urge to defend myself of the intruder disappeared as I found Daniel, on his knees, with dark sapphire blood dropping from his forhead from where I shot him. Tears welled up in my eyes and dread settled like a cloud over my head as I saw what I hoped to turn away from and never come back to.

"You lied to me Connor." He said, his voice going in and out. "You.... LIED!"

Thunder clapped above me making me jump out of my frozen state and look up at the growing storm in the sky. Suddenly, Daniel lunged forward at me, taking me off guard as he tackled me to the ground. I closed my eyes as he clawed at my face, hoping I could open them to her comforting apartment and leave my mind palace but it didn't work. I kicked his stomach out of desperation, finally throwing him off of me and I scrambled to my feet to run away, slipping in the rain as I tried to plant them under me.

I ran without thinking, fear fueling my messy flee until I missed a step and slipped on an thirium regular, throwing myself backwards. As I braced for the hard impact of the marble ground I felt hands grip my shirt and arm, pushing me backwards harder and slamming my head against metal behind me. I felt the hand on my arm invading my memory. It burned where the fingers wrapped around my forearm. I felt exposed as it intruded my brain, like the moments in my life aren't mine, a disgusting reminder that not even your own thoughts are private when you're an android. When I opened my eyes I saw myself standing in front of me. The doppelganger eyes were closed and I had no control to stop him, my right hand slowly raised and I realized I was suddenly holding a gun. The panic flowing through my system was almost too much to bear and the tears fell down my cheeks heavily as I knew what was coming next. The hot end of the freshly fired gun seared a circle into my chin as I raised it to my jaw and a scream caught in my throat as I felt my finger pull the trigger.

I opened my eyes crying. Seeing the soft orange lighting of her room and feeling of her body wrapped around mine. I turned to see her sleeping softly, her legs wrapped up in mine and her hand resting on my chest. I couldn't stop the overwhelming urge to hold her and slid my hands around her waist and behind her back, pulling her close to my chest and she slowly awoke with a happy sigh, nuzzling sleepily into my chest. I kissed her cheek softly, trailing down her neck and shoulder, getting more desperate as I went, relishing in the fact that she's here when just a moment ago I thought I was dying. I kissed her lips with desperation, not caring that she wasn't fully awake, just needing to be close, to feel alive and here on earth. She slid her hands up to my cheek as I kissed her lips feverently. Her body tight against mine was grounding me back in reality. She began breathing heavily through her nose after a while of my tounge exploring her mouth and I knew she was almost out of breath. It took effort to force myself to pull away slowly so she could breath and I watched her eyes slowly lift open, her gaze turning from tired and lustful to worry as she sees the tears on my cheeks.