Anxiety is a bad emotion

You:

The drive to work felt strange. After the weekend I've had with Hank and Connor, the empty streets and closed stores felt almost eerie. The lively city of Detroit now quiet from the weight of seeing a new race demand freedom.

The precinct wasn't any better and I stopped in my tracks when I noticed Karlee and Lisa weren't here, we weren't close but I've grown accustomed to them being here. As I stared at their empty spots, I hoped that they were free and not... I tried not to think of how unlikely it is that they got out. I put down my stuff at my desk and stood staring at the dark computer screen, deciding that I didn't even want to turn it on today and instead turned to go find Hank.

Buzzing myself into the back, I was instantly overwhelmed as I was faced with FBI and cops from all over. Behind those glass doors was a stark different to the rest of city; people running all over the place, holding random files and 50 conversations going on at once, every screen played different news stations and I dashed through the packed precinct, B-lining it to Hank's desk and picking up on small things on the way.

"Markus has to be plan-"

"They spared them. No, dude for real-"

"We forced 'em out of that boat they've got to have gone somewhere!"

I was more than relieved to see Hank at his desk, head in his hand and lazily scrolling through something on his computer. I breathed a sigh of releif as I reached his desk, bumping it slightly as I escaped the crowd.

"Hank! Thank fuck, what the hell is going on?" I said, no need to lower my voice as the noise of the room was loud enough to cover it.

"Shit, kid. Its fuckin' insain," He said as I sat on his desk. "They attacked Jericho last night"

"Fuck. "

"Those Cyberlife assholes came and got their fancy android to figure out this encrypted journal." He gestured towards the evidence room with a scowl.

"Shit." I said, my voice barely audible as I looked at the TV above him showing pictures of the blown up boat.

"We lost a lot of people and so did they. The leader ended up blowing up the entire fuckin' boat and they fled, we have no idea where they went. Not like I can even help if I wanted to. Its the FBI's shitstorm now." He said and rubbed his face in his hands.

I looked around the office feeling helpless. Seeing it on everyone's faces that they know this has become bigger than any of us. Not Fowler, the FBI or even Cyberlife can stop the fire Markus has set and were all just chickens without our heads running in the dark.

"Theres no use in fighting. Why must humans be so desperate for control." I said and he sighed, nodding his head.

"They don't wanna loose the money." Hank said, his jaw set firmly as he stared at the president on TV.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

Connor:

"The FBI raided an abandoned freighter in Detroit at 10:45pm yesterday." President Warren said over the TV, pictures of the blown up boat flashing by as she spoke.

Her face had no trace of guilt or doubt and I felt a pit of worry plant itself in my brain. The androids I've met had so much faith in ra9, I just hoped they were right and Markus would be the one to lead us to freedom. Yet, staring at the painted white word 'Jericho' slowly sink into the polluted water and my people desperately jumping from burning windows, swimming away only to be shot... that hope was wavering.

"Is it true that a number of deviants are still on the loose?!" A reporter called out and it felt weird to know she was talking about androids like me.

"We don't have full reports at this time, but I can assure you," The president said, her eyes calm and determined. "They will soon be apprehended and destroyed." Her eyes snapped to the camera and I felt that knot in my chest get tighter.