Chapter 16

Jiya Sharma

Okay...

So I am going to pick that 'perfect man' from the airport and discuss the plans about the restaurant deal with him ....

It should have been Pranali , but madam is not here due to some family matters...

I wish Shivu could have accompanied me but she is sitting in Udaipur, dealing with all this princess thingy ...

I can't even skip this , those two have really big dreams for this project...

Things I do for them...

I just sighed looking at the mirror last time , satisfied with my look and made my way downstairs...

I groaned silently when I noticed my whole family sitting there...

I don't hate them, honestly.. but I am not close with my family and harbour dislike for some of them especially...

" Oh Jiya! Are you going somewhere?"

Here she is, my badi maa , a total witch..

"Yes" I replied and tried to make my way out of there

"Where to exactly?" She asked again, this time narrowing her eyes..

" I have to pick a business associate from the airport and discuss some plans with him"

She started muttering about how I am wasting my time in a useless restaurant and how my friends are stupid and good for nothing. I wanted to answer her back but I was in no mood to argue ....

I again tried to go out but this time another voice stopped me...

" Is it Agastya?" My mum asked...

"Yes mumma "

" Invite him for dinner"

" Okay" I just sighed and left from there

Apparently, Agastya used to be our neighbour when we lived in Jaipur...

But we shifted here, in Indore in my 10th standard and I never met him again...

I remember how my parents used to give me his example every time

He was like a perfect boy , good looks , good grades, good manners, good personality....

I may have developed a slight resentment towards him due to that but despite that we were friends....

Yeah FRIENDS

He said that he will keep contact with me, but he didn't....

And now , we are mere strangers...

I came out of my thoughts when I noticed a familiar figure at the side of the road on my way to the airport and stopped my car...

And then I saw him....

Still looking perfect as always..

He was leaning on his car , looking bored...

"Mr Shekhawat? What are you doing here? I was on my way to airport to pick you up?" I said trying to be as formal as possible..

"Well , I arrived early so decided to wait for you here"

" You could have waited at the airport "

"It was crowded"

"Okay, so let's go to the restaurant, you wanted to experience our service, right?"

Saying this I moved towards my car , expecting him to follow me in his own luxurious car but to my suprise, he followed me and got into  passenger seat...