3. Who Are You?

Wei Wuxian was not just angry, he was furious. Not only was he being ambushed right now but his martial brother in law also demanded him to back down. He absolutely wouldn't do that, he knew, if he took a step back and stopped Wen Ning, the result would be arrows flying at him from all directions and his death. He wouldn't let the cultivation world have the satisfaction of killing him this easily. Had he not promised Lan Zhan that if he had to fight against the cultivation world and die, it would be at his hands.

Suddenly everyone seemed to have frozen in their places. That's when he started to come back to his senses. He saw Jin Zixuan lying on the ground, his eyes wide in surprise but he wasn't hurt. That was good. He turned back to see that if not for this sudden freezing incident he would have been stabbed by Jin Zixun and Jin Zixuan would have died at the hands of the ghost general.

Once his anger dissipated, his noticed that it was snowing. He did not feel cold though, he had long been accustomed to the cold. Ever since he gave up his golden core and came in contact with the heavy resentment in Burial Mounds, the cold did not really bother him or maybe, he just got used to always being cold.

His eyes caught the sight of a gleaming ice-like sword that was at the center of the battlefield and seemed to be screaming for his attention. If he hadn't been so familiar with his friend's sword, he would have mistaken this blade for Bichen. The thought of Lan Zhan alone brought back the smile on his face. Oh! How he missed teasing his friend to get a reaction out of him.

When Wei Wuxian really started to pay attention, he noticed that this beautiful sword was indeed attached to a hand, a very delicate and small one at that.

Before he could see any further, his attention was diverted to the three Lans who had descended the mountain and came to stand by his side. Wei Wuxian was surprised that even Grandmaster Lan Qiren had decided to come to his rescue. Maybe the old goat wasn't all that bad. He noticed that Jin Zixuan had already gotten up and stood by his side as well. He took note that Wen Ning was eerily quiet with his head hanging low even without the talismans.

But what really brought him out of his reverie was that Zewu-Jun had his eyes fixed on something such that it looked like he had forgotten to breathe or blink, his grip around his sword tightened to the point that his hand was white from the blood loss.

Before Wei Wuxian could dwell on anything further, he heard the most annoying voice, Jin Zixun sneered, "Who do you think you are, rebelling against the Jins, what sorcery is this that you use?"

However, nobody responded. This is when he turned around and finally saw what it was that had led to all of this chaos or maybe avoided the chaos and had Zewu-Jun frozen on his spot.

It wasn't something but someone. Someone rather beautiful. Although Wei Wuxian had seen his fair share of beautiful people in the world and no one could beat Lan Zhan at being beautiful but he had to agree that this girl who wielded this beautiful ice sword was the prettiest person he had laid eyes on only second to Lan Zhan.

This time it was a soft voice that brought him back to reality. Zewu-Jun had questioned in almost a whisper, "Who are you?"