33. A Fairy's Whimsical Dance

Wei Wuxian stood on the training grounds, Suibian in his hand, looking solemnly at his former Junior, "Jaing Cheng, I really don't want to fight you. This is not what Uncle Jaing would want to see. Is this something Senior Sister would approve of? Why don't you just go back home? Why do you insist on taking me back? Look, I am absolutely fine and happy here.", Wei Wuxian tried to reason one last time.

"What is it to me whether you are happy or not, my father fostered you, you Bel ng to the Yunmeng Jaing rightfully. I am only here to claim what is mine. As for what my father and sister think or do, aren't you the one who said it has nothing to do with me. Why are you trying to back out now? Or are you scared that you would lose?", Jaing Cheng said glaring at him.

"Is this truly what you want?", Jaing Cheng's resolve faltered hearing the disheartened sound of his former Senior's words. He didn't really want to have this duel with Wei Wuxian either, but he really missed his brother back home. He only wanted to take him back, he wanted to tell Wei Wuxian that it was lonely without him in the streets of Yunmeng. Though the Lotus Pier was still lively, it lacked the brightness it once held because, somehow the sunshine was gone. Even in the hottest of summers, the streets felt cold and empty to him. His parents were gone, his sister was married and Wei Wuxian had left. Before, he understood that Wei Wuxian didn't want to leave the Wen remnants' side in order to protect them, but now, he couldn't figure out why he would refuse to go back, when everything had already settled. He really only wanted his friend and brother by his side, it just wasn't in his nature to be able to express himself calmly. Although Wei Wuxian was younger than him, he had always thought of him as a senior who albeit mischievous was wise and dependable.

His eyes replicated the look on Wei Wuxian's face as he answered, "I only want you to come with me. You can bring her back with you if you want to be with your sister. Since you refuse, this is the only way I can take you back."

Wei Wuxian's heart clenched in guilt, he knew Jaing Cheng wasn't good at expressing himself, now that all of his family was gone, he must really feel alone but what use was it to have someone who was going to be permanently gone soon. He smiled sadly, looking at Jaing Cheng, "Have I ever lost to you before? What makes you think you will win, hmm? Jaing Cheng, I am sorry but you will have to go back alone today."

"We'll see."

Wei Wuxian looked at Lan Zhan who stood beside his Uncle and Brother at a distance, "Lan Zhan", he called, "I have something very important to tell you. So listen to me carefully."

"Wei Wuxian, can't you talk to him after? There is only so much disrespect that I am willing to take.", Jaing Cheng seethed.

"No. I have to say it now. In case I don't get a chance later. Lan Zhan, I wasn't lying to you when I said I love you. I really love you a lot.", people around him gasped at the audacity, Wei Wuxian was practically screaming, declaring his love for the Hanguang-Jun in the middle of Cloud Recesses. However, what shocked them even more was that the head family did not seem to mind, the usually frosty Hanguang-Jun even had a hint of a smile playing on his lips. "After all of this is over. I will marry you. Your Uncle said, he would accept it as long as you are happy, so, I am going to make you the happiest person. Lan Zhan, your brother said I am probably a mistake, then I will make sure that I am the first and the only mistake you ever make. So, Hanguang-Jun, I, Wei Ying, Wei Wuxian, the Yiling Patriarch am asking you if you will be with me for as long as I am alive? Lan Zhan, I promise you, I will marry you, even if it's the last thing I do in this lifetime that is if you will take this poor man."

Within seconds Lan Zhan was by his side in all his glory, he held Wei Wuxian by his waist, pulled him closer and whispered in his ear, "Very well then. I will take Wei Ying. If it's you, I am always willing."