Chapter 1- First Time Transforming

3rd POV (After School)

Jennifer Tennyson is walking on the sidewalk when she sees her brother and his friend dangling on tree bench by their underwear. She runs up to them.

"What happened?!" She asks.

"Cash and J.T were messing with Jamie, so I tried to stop them. But they gave us a wedgie and hung us up here like ornaments. Oh and Cash said something about getting a chance to take you out on a date." Ben explained. Jen shuddered at the last part.

"Like I would ever go out with him in a million years." Jen murmured. She climbs up the tree and gets the two boys down from the branch. The Rust Bucket arrived.

"Come on, Ben and Jen. Let's go! We're burning daylight. I wanna make it to the campsite by nightfall." Grandpa Max calls out. The two Tennyson siblings head inside the Rust Bucket.

"I have so been looking forward to this!" Ben says excitedly before noticing a girl sitting at the table

She has short red hair and green eyes. She's wearing a blue shirt with a cat logo and white pants with matching shoes. This is Gwen Tennyson; Ben and Jen's cousin.

"Cuz!" Jen calls out.

"Jenny!" Gwen says happily. The two girls embrace each other in a hug.

"What are you doing here? What is she doing here?" Ben asks.

"What's the matter Ben, not happy to see your own cousin." Jen asks.

"Take it easy, dweeb. This wasn't my idea. Somebody convinced my mom that 'going camping for the summer would be a good experience for me'." Gwen explains.

"Grandpa, please. Tell me you didn't..." Ben says to Grandpa Max.

"I thought it would be fun if your cousin came along with us this summer. Is... that a problem?" Grandpa Max stated, then asked. Ben and Gwen say nothing but look at one another. Then the two start bickering.

"Aw, I can't believe it. I wait all school year to go on this trip, and now the queen of cooties is along for the ride." Ben complained.

"Hey! I had my own vacation already all planned out too, you know? Each activity is color-coded, so I never do the same thing two days in a row." Gwen points out, pulling out her schedule.

"Now, I'm stuck with my geekazoid cousin going camping for three months. Geek." Ben insults

"Jerk." Gwen retorts.

"Come on, you two. Can you at least try to get along just this once?" Jen insisted.

"Something tells me it's gonna be a long summer..." Grandpa Max murmured to himself. Later in the day, the Tennysons gathered in the woods around a table-bench.

"Chow time!" Grandpa Max announced holding a bowl of food for the kids. He plops down the bowl, revealing wriggling worms. Gwen, Jen, and Ben look at it in disgust.

"Okay I give it. What is that?" Ben asks.

"Marinated mealworms. Hard to find them fresh in the States. You know, they're considered a delicacy in some countries?" Grandpa Max explainedm

"And totally gross in other ways." Gwen adds.

"Tell me about it." Jen agreed.

"Couldn't we just have a burger or something?" Ben insisted.

"Nonsense. This summer's gonna be an adventure for your taste buds. -I'll grab the tongue." Grandpa Max walks back into the Rust Bucket.

"Okay, I got a half-eaten bag of corn chips and a candy bar in my backpack. What do you two got?" Ben asks.