Chapter 6- Kevin 11

3rd POV (New York City)

The Tennysons check in to a Fancy Hotel.

"Wow, this hotel has everything! Indoor pool, full day spa..." Gwen says in awe.

"They even have a hair salon! I wonder what they'll do with my hair." Jen says excitedly.

"Now, don't get used to it, it's only for one night." Grandpa Max points out. A bored Ben suddenly sees a Sumo Slammers-brand kiosk installed in the mall.

"Woah, the new Sumo Slammer video game's in there!" Ben says happily. He runs to the entrance, but a guard stops him.

"Pass?" the Guard asked. Ben fumbles around in his pockets.

"Uh, must've left it inside. I'm one of the game pros testing out the system!" Ben lied.

"VIPs only." the Guard states. Ben drops the act and slumps back over to Gwen, Grandpa Max, and Jen.

"I know what you're thinking, so no sneaking back in there." Grandpa Max tells Ben.

I won't!" Ben replied. He waits for them to leave and smugly turns on the Omnitrix. An invisible Ghostfreak flies up next to the guard, "But he will!" Ghostfreak flies past the confused guard to where the game is being held and picks up the controller.

At an elevator, Max pauses before pressing the 'up' button. He looks behind him and sees that Ben isn't there. Speaking of Ben, he scores 500,000. The guard walks up to Ben and grabs his shoulder.

"What do ya got to say for yourself, kid?" the Guard says to Ben seriously.

"Uhh, 'game over'?" Ben replied sheepishly. He, Grandpa Max, Gwen, and Jen are kicked out of the hotel. The Guard throws them their luggage.

"And never come back!" the Guard yelled.

"I told you not to sneak back in there." Grandpa Max tells his grandson.

"Well if you want to get all technical about it..." Ben argued, but Gwen interrupts him.

"I never even got a chance to take a shower, in a real shower for the first time all summer! Plus they had a spa. A spa! Nice going, doofus." Gwen yelled.

"And I would have gotten my hair properly washed. But but now I'll never get the chance to have that happen. And it's all because of you! You reckless, irresponsible, little troublemaker!" Jen scolded. Back at the Rust Bucket, it's Grandpa Max's turn to scold at Ben.

"How do you expect me to trust you if you keep misusing the watch?" He asked.

"Excuse me, I used it 100 times for good! Why can't I use it just once for me?" Ben retorted.

"It's not how many times you use it Ben, it's how you use it!" Grandpa Max points out.

"It was no big deal." Ben says dismissively.

"To you. And that's all you care about! So, no more 'Sumo Slammers' stuff for 2 weeks! No comics, no trading cards, no-" Grandpa Max yelled, but Ben interrupts.

"Fair!" Ben snapped.

"Neither is getting booted from a 4-star hotel I already paid for!" Grandpa Max added.

"Fine, take it out my allowance!" Ben tells Grandpa Max.

"You don't get allowance." Gwen points out.

"Stay out of this!" Grandpa Max and Ben yelled to Gwen, who lowers in her chair. She and Jen continue to watch the argument.

"This is my vacation, too! You can't always tell me what to do. You're not my dad." Ben claimed.

"Well, if I was, I... Look I'm going back to the hotel and see if I can get at least some of my money back. I'll be back in a few minutes." Grandpa Max states. Ben walks past him to the back of the RV, closing the curtains.