Chapter 9- Truth

3rd POV (Somewhere in the Rust Bucket)

While driving the Rust Bucket, Grandpa Max explained to his grandkids about his history with Vilgax. At one point, he seemingly killed the alien warlord with a missile. And blew up his ship in the process.

"...And then, 'kablamo'. No more Vilgax.Or so I thought, until today." Grandpa Max explained.

"Woah! You were a hero?" Ben asked in amazement.

"I was just a guy doing a job..." Grandpa Max states.

"Excuse me, but exactly what was that job?" Gwen asked.

"We called ourselves the Plumbers. Officially, we didn't exist. We were the guys who fixed the problems no one else could. Extraterrestrial. Extrasensory. Extraordinary." Grandpa Max informed.

"So, all this time I've been going hero, I've really been following in your footsteps! I'm a Plumber in training!" Ben realized.

"And this whole time, you knew about the Omnitrix?!" Jen asked.

"Not really, just rumor and scuttlebutt. I was surprised as you guys when it turned up on Ben's wrist." Grandpa Max tells them.

"You always told us we could tell you anything, Grandpa. Guess you didn't feel the same..." said Gwen. Sirens are heard behind them. Grandpa Max pulls the RV to the side and lets ambulances and police cars pass him.

"All right! Could be a chance for the Plumbers to go 'back to work'!" Ben says excitedly.

"You should start by unclogging that hairball from your brain, 'Mr. Plumber'." Gwen snarked.

"Ahh, you're just jealous 'cause you're not part of the family business!" Ben mocked as he sticks his tongue out. Jen rolls her eyes.

"There is no "family business". My hero days were over a long time ago." Grandpa Max claimed. Ben jumps out of the RV.

"Well, mine are just getting started!" Ben declared.

"Ben, wait!" Grandpa Max called out, but it's too late. Ben activates the Omnitrix, turns the dial to XLR8, and slams it down. He looks at himself in the RV's side mirror. He's now Ripjaws.

"Aw! Ripjaws?! What a 'rip-off'..." Ripjaws complained.

He hears a fire truck coming and runs into the road. Ripjaws hitches a ride as it zooms past the RV. The fire truck arrives at a very large hotel. Some people are outside, having been evacuated. The driver gets out of the truck and speaks with the manager.

"There's s-some kind of creature inside, tearing up the place-!" the Hotel Manager explained in fear.

The manager suddenly feels water raining down on him. The driver looks behind him and sees Ripjaws on top of the truck, spraying a hose upward and letting it rain down. He drops the hose and leaps to the hotel entrance. He looks inside. Aside from the water fountain in the middle of the room, everything has been tossed and turned over.

"Okay, who's the punk giving us creatures a bad name?!" Ripjaws asked.

A burgundy-colored alien with red eyes and a drooling teethy mouth rises to Ripjaws' words. It stands up and roars ferociously. Except it's about 2 feet tall and not threatening at all. Ripjaws laughed at the alien. The alien picks up a rock and throws it at his head, knocking him over.

Ripjaws leaps toward it, but the alien dodges. Ripjaws goes sliding across the floor, knocking into the fountain. He gets up and spots the alien on a pillar. It snarls and leaps into the fountain. It spits a mouthful of water at Ripjaws, but Ripjaws gladly lets himself be sprayed. Outside the hotel, the Rust Bucket arrives on the scene. Gwen, Jen, and Grandpa Max get out and approach the manager.