Chapter 1

Previously on Prologue

Even though she had grown used to only seeing things in darkness. She can't lie to herself that deep within her heart, she still wishes she could see like normal people could. But there's nothing much she can do. So the only thing she can... is to continue living her life.

-A Request-

Y/N P.O.V

I'm currently in the flower field that I had visited quite often. I had opened up a florist shop for me to sell the flowers I had picked up from the flower field. I know how to choose a good flower from their scent.

Even though I can't truly see their colors. I know they're fresh based on their sweet scents. To some people, being blind much be a disadvantage. But I had learnt to sharpen my other senses that helps me navigate my surroundings.

My parents are worried about me. But when they finally get a chance to witness my ability to avoid tripping on a root sticking out on the ground, they know that I'll be all right. Thus, they finally let me go around on my own.

I closes my eyes as I feel the wind gently blowing on my hair. "Seems like it's getting quite late. I should probably head home. I've also gathered enough flowers to sell in my shop later" I said, smiling softly to myself. I slowly move to stand up. I start to walk home, using my senses to help me navigate my surroundings.

***

"Ah... Y/N, dear. You've come home" mother said as I enters the house. I smile softly when I feel a hand on my shoulder, knowing its mother. My mother gently guides me to a room where father is waiting.

"Mother... I feel someone else's presence here" I said, as mother gently guide me to sit down. I tilt my head to the side where I know my mother is. "Are we having a guest over?" I asked, tilting her head slightly.

"That's right honey" she said. I'm able to feel emotions too. Judging from her voice, I can tell that she was glad. She's glad that even though I've lost my sight. I'm still able to get by with my life.

"This is Ryuuichi... he's going to be a chief of his clan..." she said. I hum softly at the named mentioned. Judging by the name, I know it's a man. "He's here to talk to you. Please Ryuuichi-San" mother said.

I hear someone clearing their throat. I sense a hint of nervousness in him. I feel him getting near me. "Y/N-San..." Ryuuichi said. I feel my hand being held tenderly as if it's made of the most fragile porcelain. I only stay silent as I wait for him to start talking.

"I know you probably didn't know me. But we can get to know each other further. All I want now is to ask you is your hand in marriage. You're a wonderful lady. Even though you're unable to see this world, you didn't let that stop you from living. You're kind... gentle... and you're beautiful" he said. I feel him placing a soft kiss on the back of my hand. "I'd love to be able to be the one to take care of you for the rest of your life. So if you'll have me... I'd be honored, Y/N-San" he said. I mentally sighs at the words that came out of his mouth. He had been the 7th man that came for me, asking my hand in marriage.

"Judging by your voice, you seem like a kind gentleman, Ryuuichi-San..." I said. I feel a sense of happiness coming from him, and I'm sure he's smiling at me. I smiles softly, hoping I'm directing it to the him. The smile on my lips falter slowly I removes my hand from his hold. "But I'm sorry... I'm not worth it for you. I'm truly flattered. But... I can't marry you, Ryuuichi-San. I will pray that you would be able to find a much better girl in the future to be your wife because that girl isn't me" I said.

I hear Ryuuichi letting out a sigh at my answer. "I see... I understand, Y/N-San. But thank you for listening to me. I'm happy that I get to meet you" he said. I just smile at his words that are filled with sincerity. Though I can still hear the sadness in them. "Well then. I have said what I need to say. So please excuse me..." he said. I move my head slightly as I feel him standing up and walks away, slowly leaving our house.

"Y/N..." a soft voice said next to me. I feel my hand being held. "That's the 7th man that you've turned down, honey. You can't keep rejecting every man that proposed to you" she said.

"Your mother is right, sweetie. Your mother and I aren't getting any younger. We'd be in peace knowing that our precious daughter has someone that will take care of her when we're gone" father said.

"Father... mother. Please don't say that. I can lose my sight. I can lose any other things. But not you two..." I said. I feel tears gathering in my eyes. I feel my body getting pulled into a hug. I just bury my face in their shoulders as I hug them back. "I wish you both will always be there for me..." I said.

"We wish for the same thing, honey. But we can't tell what will happen in the future" father said. I let out a sigh and nod my head. I feel a hand on my shoulder which I know is my father's. "So please... the next time someone comes to ask for your hand. Please consider on accepting them, alright?" He said.

I let out a sigh and hesitantly nod my head. "I will, dad. But I won't make a promise. I'm not gonna accept their proposal if I feel something off about them" I said. I feel relieved in their hearts at my words. A soft smile starts to form on my lips as they pulled me into a hug again.

"That's already good enough..." mother said, making me smile softly. I feel a soft kiss on the side of my head. She gently caress my h/c hair. I nuzzle closer in her embrace as I love being in her arms. It's the only place that makes me feel safe and secure.

"It's starting to get late. You should get some sleep, Y/N" father said. I nod my head. I lift my hand, trying to find their faces. I feel a hand grab mine guiding me to their face. I caress it softly, realizing it is father's. I lean forward and kisses his cheek. Mom doing the same. So I kiss her cheek as well. I slowly stand up, making my way towards my room.

Once I'm in my room. I walk towards the futon using my sense of touch. I lay down and pulls the blanket until it reaches just below my chin. I close my eyes, letting my mind drift off as I slowly start to fall asleep.

*to be continued*