Chapter 20

Previously on Chapter 19

I lean my forehead against hers as my tears starts to roll down my cheeks. Some of them landing on hers. "Don't leave me, Y/N... I don't want to lose you either. Please, Y/N...

Please hold on

-The Only Solution-

Rengoku P.O.V

"Y/N... Y/N! Open your eyes, Y/N! Don't do this to me! If you close your eyes you won't wake up again!" I yelled out, shaking her body as I desperately try to get her to re-open her eyes. But she shows no response. I bit my lips as tears blurred my eyes.

"There's just one way to save her..." the demon said. I turn my head to look at him. "As much as I didn't want this to happen. It's the only solution I have..." he said. He turn his head to look at me. His eyes shows solemn. "I'm gonna have to turn her into a demon" he said. My eyes widen at what he said.

"No. No way..." I said, shaking my head. He frowns at what I said. "You're NOT turning her into a demon. I don't want her to ended up being a monster like you!" I said. His eyes glows in desperation.

"Well, do you have any better idea?!" He yelled. I stare at him, surprised by his sudden outburst. "The longer the time we waste the closer L/N-San is to death! Look at her! She's barely holding on! Do you want to lose her, huh?! Because I surely don't!" He yelled, angrily as he glares at me.

His comment makes me speechless. I turn my head to look at Y/N. Her breathing starts to get slower and ragged. I shut my eyes tightly for a few seconds.

"Look. I don't want her to be a demon either" he said. I turn my head to look at him. "Being a demon means she would have to work under him... she'd be under his control. But I don't want to lose her. She makes me able to feel emotions I don't know I'm capable of. She makes me feel alive, and I don't want to lose that feeling" he said.

"Do it" I said, my voice breaking a little. His eyes widen slightly at what I said. "I don't want her to die. So if the only way for her to be alive is turning her into a demon. Then so be it... my feelings for her would never change" I said. His eyes soften at what I said. He bit his finger to let the blood seep through the bite wound. She moves it to Y/N's wound, letting his blood drips into her wound.

"Nothing's happening..." I said, after a while. Y/N's breathing comes to a stop, making me panicked. "Why is nothing happening?! Y/N... Y/N!! Don't you die on me, Y/N!!" I yelled while shaking her body, desperate for the transformation to occur. I turn to look at the demon. I reach over Y/N's body and grab onto his neck. "Why isn't it working?!" I yelled at him. He turn his head to look at me with tears in his eyes.

"We're too late... she's gone" he said. My eyes widen at what he said. I shake my head. I move my hand from his neck and place my head on the ground, while clutching onto my hair.

"No... no no no!!" I yelled out. I scream in frustration. If only Y/N didn't jump in. It would have been me. Why did it have to be her? Why can't it be just me?! Why... why her?!

I hear movement and lift my head. My eyes widen to see Y/N sitting upright. Her head is down with her hair covering her face.

"Y-Y/N..." I said. She slowly lift her head, opening her eyes. I watch as her eyes slowly turn color.

"Kyoujuro

"Kyoujuro..." she said. She takes a sniff and covers her nose. She jumps away from me as if she's trying to keep some distance. I frown at her action. I slowly stand up. I try to come closer to her. "Don't come any closer! Stay away!!" She yelled out.

"W-Why?" I said. I furrowed my eyebrows when notice drools coming out of her mouth. "You... you're hungry, right?" I said. She just stares at me as if she's trying to hold back. A single tear rolled down my left cheek as I have to accept what had happened. Y/N... the girl I love has turned into a demon.

"Exactly like me when I was first turned into a demon. I mean, I still crave for human's flesh..." the demon said. I  turn my head to look at him. "It wouldn't be wise for her to stay around human. She obviously showing some self-resistance. Much like that sister of his..." he said, gesturing towards the younger Kamado. I just turn to look at Y/N, who looks like she's in so much pain. It's clear that controlling her thirst is a huge struggle. She must feel an extreme hunger now.

"L/N-San..." the demon said, slowly approaching her. She just turned her head to look at him. "I know you said you hated me. But it would be wiser if you come with me. You don't want to hurt anyone, so you?" He said. My eyes widen at what he said.

"This was your plan all along, huh?!" I yelled out. He turn his head to look at me. "You turned her into a demon just so you could take her away from me!" I yelled, glaring angrily at the demon.

"What are you blabbering about?" He said. I clench my hands into tight fists. He turned his body to face me. "If I didn't do anything at all. If I didn't turn her... she would have died!" He said. My glare falter at what he said. He turned his head to look at Y/N. "Come with me, L/N-San... it'll be better for you" he said.

"No, Y/N, don't go!" I said. Y/N turn her head to look at me. "Please don't go... you can learn to control your hunger. Nezuko here can be an example for that. You don't have to stray away from us... I know you won't hurt us" I said. She closes her eyes and move her head away.

"Forgive me, Kyoujuro..." she said. I feel my heart ache at her tone. She opens her eyes to look at me. "Akaza is right. It would be best for me to stay away from humans for the time being... at least, maybe until we find a way to turn me back into a human" she said. I shake my head as she smiles softly at me. She look past me, and smiles sadly.

I turn my head to see the first sign of sunlight. Dawn is breaking. I turn my head to look at Y/N. "The sun is rising. We have to leave now. Goodbye, Kyoujuro..." she said. She turned around with the demon following her. I let out a scream as she runs away, to avoid the sun. Just before she is out of sight. She turn to look at me.

"And to answer your confession. I do have feelings for you too. But... I'm sorry, there's someone else in my heart as well..." she said. She turn around and runs away. I drop on my knees as tears starts flowing from my eyes. I can't believe she left, and I might never see her again.

*to be continued*