Chapter 25

Previously on Chapter 24

Kyoujuro pulls me close in his arms. I just bury my face in his chest as he held me close. I turn my head slightly to look at the spot Akaza went off to. Goodbye for now, Akaza. I know you'll come back for me. No matter how long it will take...

I will wait for you

-I'm Back-

Y/N P.O.V

Kyoujuro and I make our way back to the Headquarter. I'm not sure how they'd react with me. They welcomed me before because I was a hurting human who wants to be a Slayer to avenged the death of my parents. But, this time I'd come as a demon. Will they accept me?

"Is something bothering you?" Kyoujuro said, snapping me out of my daze. I turn my head to look at him as we walk side by side. "You've been awfully silent. Is there something bothering your mind?" He asked. I let out a sigh as I stop walking. He stops as well as he turn to face me.

"Will they welcome me?" I asked. He stares at me with a confused gaze. I look down as I avoid his gaze. "I'm a demon, remember? The last time I was welcomed was because I was hurt after my parent's death and wanted to train to be a Slayer. That's why they welcomed me with open arms. But it will be different this time" I said.

"They will... I'm sure they will. You're a great friend of theirs and mine too" he said. I turn my head to look at him. He smiles softly at me. He lift his hand, placing it on my head. I just give him a small smile.

I inhale his scent cautiously. For some weird reason, his scent didn't bother me anymore. I don't seem have that thirst to devour human's flesh or blood, like the first day I got turned into a demon. Even the sniff of his scent makes me want to sink my fangs into his flesh. But I don't feel that way anymore.

"Are you sure it's going to be okay?" I asked. He smiles softly at me and nods his head. I nod my head, deciding to trust him. Kyoujuro would never set me up. He's too caring to do that.

"Are you good now? Shall we get going?" He asked. I just nod my head lightly. He turn his head to look at the distance and frowns. "The sun is about to rise. We need to get you somewhere with shade to avoid the sunlight" he said. I turn my head to look at the distance.

I turn my head to look at Kyoujuro and nod my head. "This area is near my old house. We could go there" I said. He nods his head in agreement. We quickly run, trying to avoid the sunlight.

***

I gently slide the door to my old house open. I bit my lips as I try to control my emotions. The last time I was here, it was the day I lost my parents. I've never stepped a foot inside this house ever since. The memories were just too painful for me to bear. But I don't have much of a choice today. Either come here or get burned by the sun light, which I'd much prefer the former.

But as much as I try to hold it in. A few tears still slips out of my eyes. I blink my eyes, letting them flow. I shut my eyes tightly as I move to kneel on the ground. I hug my body for comfort.

"Mom... dad..." I said, finally bursting into tears and a ragged sob escapes my lips. Even until now I still find it hard to believe that both of my parents are gone. I can't accept the reality that I won't be able to see them ever again. I feel my body getting pulled into an embrace.

"Shhh... it's okay. I'm here with you" Kyoujuro said in a soft voice. His hand gently running through my hair. I clutch onto his shirt, burying my face into the crook of his neck. I know I shouldn't be doing this, because I'd just be leading him on. I have Akaza, and it feels wrong to hold another man the way I'm holding Kyoujuro right now. But right now, I needed his comfort.

After a while, I finally stopped crying. I slowly pull away from Kyoujuro and backs away to create some distance between us. I tuck a strand pieces of hairs behind my ear.

"Thank you for comforting me, Kyoujuro" I said, giving him a soft smile. He smiles at me and nod his head. I just turn around and walks further inside the house. I hear the door sliding shut behind me. I make sure none of the curtains are open to make sure no sunlight can enter this house.

I walk towards where my room was. I slowly slide the door open and make my way inside. I hear Kyoujuro's footsteps as he follows me. I turn my head to look at him and smiles. I turn my head to look at the small table by the corner of the room.

I kneel down in front of the table. I outstretch my hand, grabbing a small frame filled with a painting of me and my parents. This painting was created before I lost my sight. It was when I was little.

"Hi, mom... dad. I'm back..." I whispered, hoping they could hear me somehow. "I'm sorry I couldn't do much to keep you both safe. If only I had returned sooner... I might be able to save you both" I said.

"Was that you?" Kyoujuro asked. I turn my head to look at him to see him sitting next to me. I give him a small smile and nod my head. I offer him the painting. He gently takes the painting from me. He stares at it for a while and turns his head to look at me. A sad gaze is reflected through his eyes. "You know it's not your fault, Y/N. If you had returned sooner... there's nothing you could have done. Instead, you could've ended up dying. You weren't a slayer back then, remember? You were just an ordinary girl" he said.

"I still could've done something..." I said. He just stares at me with a concern gaze. I turn my head to look at the painting in his hand. "That was me when I was little. Before I lost my sight..." I said. He stares at the painting. "It was a lovely day to be outside. We were enjoying our picnic near the flower field when this painter walked by. Dad asked if he could paint us and he agrees. Mom had a hard time trying to make me still..." I said, giggling softly at the memory on how mom managed to get me to stop moving.

"I still can't believe they're gone..." I muttered, as he hand the painting back to me. I stare at the painting. It has every detail of my parents. Everything about this painting looks just like my parents. "I miss them... so much" I said. I place the painting against my chest as I close my eyes, trying to recall the feelings when they embraces me.

"I'm sorry..." he whispered. I just place my head on his shoulder. "But you're not alone, Y/N. I'm here with you. Always will..." he said. I open my eyes and pulls away to look at him. I notice him leaning in. My eyes widen as I realize what he's trying to do. I quickly scoot away to create some distance between us. He stares at me with a look of confusion.

"I'm sorry, Kyoujuro. But, I'm with Akaza..." I said. He frowns at what I said. I give him an apologetic gaze. "I do love you too. But it was always him. He was the first man that came into my life and is able to make me feel this way about a man. Forgive me" I said. He nods his head at what I said.

"Don't apologize. I should've seen it coming from the way he was so desperate to keep you alive. Along with the look on your face when you confronted him... it was pure pain and sorrow. You would only react that way towards a man if you have feelings for the man. I could never compare to him" he said. I just give him a small smile. Feeling grateful for him being so understanding.

I close my eyes as my mind drifted off, as I start to think about my boyfriend. Kibutsuji wouldn't be happy with his action for sending me away. I just hope, that evil demon wouldn't do any harm towards him. I hope you're okay and that you'd return soon, Akaza.

*to be continued*