Chapter 12

Previously on Chapter 11

I give them a close eyed smile, and turn to look forward. I move to stand up and let out a happy cheer, throwing my arms above my head. I turn to look at my parents and grins at them. I turn to look at my parents, waving at them. They return my gesture, making me grin. I turn to look at the night sky, finally feeling content. I'm truly happy, because I don't have to live in darkness anymore.

-We Meet Again-

Y/N P.O.V

Even though I'm finally able to see. I decide to still sell flowers. It's the only thing that reminds me of him. Even after this long, he still lingers in my mind. The soothing presence of his always makes me feel warm. Why did he have to leave me behind? I thought we had something.

I wasn't paying attention where I'm going, resulting in me running into a person. "Ow..." I said, wincing in pain because I landed right on my butt. I hear a gasp in front of me.

"Oh, I am so sorry" a voice said. I turn my head towards the person. The most noticeable feature on him is his hair. His eyes widen in surprise as he stares at my face. "Oh, it's you!" He said.

"Do I know you?" I asked, tilting my head slightly as I stare at him in confusion. I close my eyes as I try to remember his aura. "Oh... Rengoku-San?" I said, as I open my eyes to look at him.

He squints his eyes slightly as he leans his face closer to mine. "You can see me?" He asked. A look of surprise can be seen on his face. I smile softly and nod my head. "You can see me! Oh, that's great! I see you're finally able to get your eyes treated. I'm happy for you, L/N-San" he said.

Rengoku did offer to help me get my eyes treated on the day we met. But I politely refused his offer, despite how many times he tried to convince me to accept his help. I just didn't want to burden him or owe him anything.

"Thank you, Rengoku-San... yeah. It's a miracle" I said. He grins at me. He turn his head to look at the flower basket I'm carrying. He must feel confuse why I still sell flowers even though I have completed what I wished to accomplish. "Oh, yeah. I love selling flowers. So, now that I have fulfilled my dream to be able to see. The next dream I have to is to open a flower shop. So I have to keep going. I'll use the money I earn from selling these to open a flower shop" I said, smiling softly at him.

"I see... you're very hardworking, L/N-San. That's very admirable" he said. I smile softly at what he said. "Well then... I'll be your first costumer" he declared, proudly. I smile happily and let him take a look at the flowers I have. His eyes scan them and turn to look at me. "These flowers are beautiful! I'll buy all of them!" He said.

"E-Eh??" I said, shocked with what he just said. I turn to look at the flowers I have for a moment before turning to look at him. "A-All... a-all of t-them?" I stuttered out, still not believing that he'd buy all the flowers I brought with me. He grins and nod his head.

***

Rengoku ended up walking me home. Something that Akaza used to do for me as he always makes sure I'd reach home safely. I wonder where he is now. I wonder if he's thinking about me like I always thought about him.

"Alright... this is my house" I said. I turn around to face Rengoku. I smile softly at him. "Thank you for walking me home, Rengoku-San" I said. He smiles softly at me and nods his head. I turn my head to look at my house. "Do you want to come inside? Maybe for some tea and some snacks?" I asked.

"That would be lovely..." he said. I slide the door open. I walk inside and turn to look at him. I gesture him to come inside. "Sorry for the sudden visit" he said.

"Oh, it's fine" I said, assuring him that it's okay. I turn my head to look inside, smiling when I spot my parents. "Mom... dad? I brought a guest with me" I said. They stop what they're doing and turn to look at me.

"Oh, who is this young man?" Mother said, walking over to us. "Welcome to our small house. I'm M/N, Y/N's mother" she said, placing a hand on my shoulder. Rengoku bows at the two of them.

"I'm Rengoku Kyoujuro. It's an honor to be in presence of you" he said. Mother blinks her eyes. She probably didn't expect Rengoku to show some formality towards her. After all, we're used to how things are around us. It's rare for us to meet such a proper person.

Time-skip

After staying for a while, Rengoku decide it's time for him to head out. He told me he has something to do, which only happens during night time. So I walk him out.

"Thank you again for today, Rengoku-San" I said. I advert my gaze, and stare at the sword strapped on his waist. "It's been on my mind the whole time. If you don't mind me asking... why do you have a sword with you?" I asked.

"Oh... this is to slay demons" he said. I blink my eyes in surprise of what he said. "They always came out during night time. It's my job to slay them" he said.

"You're a Demon Slayer?" I said. He smiles at me and nod his head. I smile softly at him. "I've heard stories about people like you. You risked your life to protect the weaker ones. You're really brave, Rengoku-San" I said, giving him a close-eyed smile. He just smiles at what I said. There's a moment of silence as he stands in front of me.

"You know..." Rengoku said. I tilt my head slightly as I stare at him. He lift his head to look at me after looking down the whole time. "Ever since the day I met you. You're all I can think about, L/N-San. Your beauty is unlike any others I've ever seen. It makes me feel like I'm in trance when I see you for the first time that day" he said. I blink my eyes in surprise.

He slowly reaches out, gently grabbing a hold grab my hand. He lift it, holding it with both of his as he stares at me. "And it'd mean so much to me if you'd let me get to know you better" he said. He lifted my hand, placing a soft kiss on the back of my hand.

"R-Rengoku-San..." I said. That's the last thing I expect him to say. He stares at me expectantly. "I um... I don't know what to say right now" I said.

"I understand. You can take all the time you'd need. But please don't forbid me to visit you time to time" he said. I just smile at his comment and nod my head lightly. He smiles softly at me. He steps closer tone and lower his head. I stay still as he places a soft kiss on my forehead.

"It is an honor to meet an amazing girl like you, L/N-San" he said. I feel my cheeks growing warm at his sudden display of affection. He smiles at me as he gently pat my head.

"I'll be taking my leave now. Rest well, okay?" He said. I just nod my head lightly. He turn around and walks away. I just stare at his retreating figure. He stops walking, turning to look at me and smiles.

"I'll see you soon, L/N-San" he said

"I'll see you soon, L/N-San" he said. I lightly wave my hand with a soft smile on my face. He return my gesture. He turn around and walks away until his figure is out of my sight.

I lift my hand, placing it on my forehead where he had placed a kiss. It's obvious where this is gonna head. It's obvious what his intention is. He's trying to get to know me because he has feelings for me. I'm not sure what to do about this. After all, I still have feelings for Akaza, and deep within my heart... I still wish he'd come back to me.

*to be continued*