one.

wispy blonde hair. that's what honey phillips always had, since she was a baby. some would say it was unnaturally blonde, almost white. some, max fewtrell, said honey's mother had bleached it from when she was a baby like jojo siwa's mother did.

the slap on the back of the head reminded him it wasn't funny.

it's what made honey phillips stand out. in school you could spot her anywhere, in her fathers office you could spot her anywhere, but the place that most mattered was the ice. they called her the ice queen, which was ironic because honey phillips was the nicest girl you could ever come across. some in the media called her calculated, focused which was true in some aspects but to anyone she met, honey was as sweet as her namesake.

until lando norris pushed her buttons, then she was ready to throw a figure skate at his quote 'big fat head.'

"stop being mardy, honeybuns." max fewtrell elbowed honey in her ribs and she glared at him, before breaking out into a smile. "there's that god awful smile we love." he teased, pinching honey's cheek.

she dropped her smile then, forcing a nasty look at max before looking at her schedule. "you irk me, max." she responded with a joking sneer. "i'm irritated because trying to book ice time at the rink is an impossible challenge because the website is a shambles." she huffed, closing her laptop screen.

honey was a figure skater, she dedicated her life to it. she'd been on the ice since she could walk, an obscure sport in england but stiff competition. there were a couple thousand in the uk, she didn't know the exact number but at practice for her first ever competition, honey felt very unsettled.

she was renowned in the figure skating world to be the first female skater to land a 4-4 cascade in competition. quad jumps were usually done by men, but honey outdid herself on the ice and in training. she was a guiness world record holder for the last olympic games where she scored bronze after a fall in her program, a nasty nosebleed and a broken skate ruined her chances.

she was the british team's pride and joy. the only skater on her home team to get into the olympic games in years.

she was from glastonbury, born and raised there since she was born even though her mother was polish and moved to england when she was pregnant with honey, got married to honey's father and gave her the most english name going. but her mother called honey, kochanie, which just meant honey in polish.

her parents met when honey's father, edward, was visiting poland. honey's mother, maja, was a waitress and edward met her, and didn't go back to england until he and maja were due to be married.

honey had a younger brother called aleksander but everyone just called him alex. he was ten, honey was twenty-three. they lived together until honey moved out at seventeen with her ex boyfriend, that one didn't go down too well. never date a hockey player, that's her motto.

lando and honey met at the rink, she was practicing in free skate and lando was falling on his face with flo laughing at him. she wasn't much of a skater herself, but she only fell over once compared to the dozens of times lando did. they were fifteen, well, lando was sixteen but he was shorter than honey which made her laugh.

"i'm lando." he held out a shakey hand as the blonde pulled him off of the ice.

honey raised an eyebrow, a laugh threatening to form at the shaven ice all over lando's winter coat. "like, from star wars?" she asked.