three.

"so he turned up at three in the morning and disturbed your sleep?" agnes asked honey who was busy lacing up her skates. "do i need to talk to him about that? again." she said sternly and her blonde champion giggled slightly.

she wouldn't admit to agnes that lando interrupted her and her boyfriends private time. "it's fine, it was only for five minutes and then we both went back to sleep." the blonde shrugged, throwing her hair into a ponytail and putting on a headband and they began walking to the rink where the warmups for the british national championships were being held.

honey won last year and she intended to keep her title.

there were familiar faces, second and third place.  when she was in competition mode, nothing would take honey out of focus. not even the familiar scarf around her boyfriends face who was sitting right in the middle with max, pietra and lando who had a cap and a scarf on around the bottom half of his face. she nodded at them, not making eye contact and took off her skate guards and her sweater.

her warm up outfit was just a plain white dress, like usual with her tights pulled over her skates. intimidation tactics always worked with skaters here, even the best but honey never let them get to her. she flew around the rink perfectly, of course she did who would doubt it. she pulled out her best jumps to intimidate the competition, half of these weren't even in her program but if it shook up the competition she'd do it.

it was only a few minutes to test out the rink, they were in sheffield, honey hadn't ever skated there before. she just needed to get a feel for the size of the rink and the quality of the ice along with the other skaters flooding onto the rink as she got off with her flight.

they went back to the locker rooms which were full of people and honey put in her earplugs and begun to change and do her makeup for her short program.

her hair was pulled into a neat bun at the top of her hair, currently the trending slick back bun style on tiktok. her eyeliner was sleek, makeup done to perfection as she slid on her outfit.

it was nice, translucent material slipping to a light paisley and then the bottom was a dark purple. the fabric was covered in gems, even some being pinned in her hair, they were purple since her hair was so bright you wouldn't be able to see normal silver ones.

she pulled her tights over her skates and made her way to the rink where the girl before her was competing already. she was skating a good program, she was okay, a good runner up she'd say. with her earplugs in, playing central cee of course because his music got her hype, especially when he declared 'obsessed with you' was about her. it was cute.

the trick was to pretend you were in a bubble, she was crouched and leaning against the side of one of the bleachers. she didn't watch the rest of the girls program, didn't tune in to any of it. you don't wanna hear a cheer or you'll be psyched out, don't wanna hear a disheartened noise or you'll be overconfident, just stay in your bubble.

agnes patted honey on the shoulder to let her know it was time for her to get on the ice. she took out the airpods and jumped a bit, stretching her arms as the other skater exited the ice. honey didn't look at her.

she skated onto the ice, taking her beginning pose, nodding to the judges and the music that she was ready.

romeo and juliet op. 64 by sergei prokofiev played through the speakers and nobody was shocked. honey and agnes picked these songs because honey was the embodiment of beauty and grace on the ice, like a ballerina. yes it was a romantic song but the yearning in her movements, her grabbing out into the air after her leap like someone was disappearing from her grasp made it all too emotional.