(4) Summer Camp?!

JOHN POV

When I finally leave the school I am over the moon.

School is out!

All I had to worry about now was feeding my turtles, sleeping, and enjoying myself.

"Mom I'm home!" I shout out as I enter our apartment.

"On the couch!" She shouts back. I go to the couch and see her curled up on her computer, some HGTV show playing softly on the tv.

"How was the last day of school, my big old sophomore!" She asks excitedly as she closes her laptop and focuses her attention on me.

"It was good, I'm going to put my back pack in my room and then we can talk." She hums in response and I quickly go to my room, slinging the backpack off of my back and onto the floor. What's strange is a black duffle bag laying at the end of my bed, some clothing sticking out of it. Are we going somewhere?

I shrug it off as I go back to my mom.

"So?" She's asks as I sit down.

"It was fine, got to play on my phone for the most part except for my fourth period, the mean Mrs.Starr took up everyone's phones."

"I'm glad you didn't have to do much, that's what you get for being so smart." Mom compliments me with a bright smile and a loving touch.

"How about you, how's your day been?"

"Very relaxing." She smiles but I notice her hands fidgeting with the edge of the blanket on her.

"What happened? Did someone call?" I ask, concern in my voice. We've had a few unknown calls from some strange men in the past or just some strange people in general. I guess my mom's phone number is an easy one to dial.

"Oh no honey, nothing like that." She reassures me.

"Then what is it?"

"You know that form you filled out today?" Why was she asking about that weird thing? I was hoping to leave that in the past.

"Yeah."

"It was just some question so a summer camp employee could get to know you better." Mom talks slowly and hesitantly, like she doesn't want to tell me, but we tell each other everything.

"Summer camp?" Wait a minute.

"Yes, for incontinent people, so they can get some control back."

 "You're sending me away?" A stab of hurt hits my heart. I know my bedwetting is inconvenient but I can't help it.

"No, no, no baby. Nothing like that, it's just we've tried everything, nothing has worked and your problem isn't getting better."

"Is that what the bag is for?" The earlier pushed aside question of the duffle bag in my room surfaces.

"Yes, I started packing up for you a little bit." Why would she already start packing? Unless I have to leave soon?

"I only saw clothes in the bag, no diapers." I state instead of ask like I meant. 

"Diapers and other protection will be provided." 

"When do I have to leave?"

"Busses depart tomorrow afternoon."

"Tomorrow!" I shout, my surprise getting the best of me.

"I know, I'm sorry, but this could help you." She almost begs with me, and I have to tell myself she's just trying to help as I watch my summer go down the drain.

"For how long?"

"Almost the whole summer."

"What am I supposed to tell my friends?" I'm supposed to hang out with Charlotte next weekend, after that I don't know but there could have been plans made in the future.

"That you're going to a camp for the summer." So the truth, well part of the truth.

"Fine." I stand up and go to leave to go to my room.

"I love you Johnny." Mom says to my back but I don't say anything back as I continue to walk away. I need to think, and apparently pack.

I get to my room and inspect the stuff mom already packed for me, there's pants, shorts, shirts and an array of diapers. Nighttime, daytime, my absorbent underwear. There's also a bag with a toothbrush, toothpaste, a comb, and small bottles of shampoo and conditioner. She had really already packed everything.

I can't believe this is happening. My whole summer gone. I have to spend it in some camp with a bunch of bedwetters all alone. I won't know anyone.

I throw some more things in my duffle before putting in both of my AirPods and curling up on my bed, that only has a protective sheet on it, mom hasn't gotten around to putting anything else on it. I grab my teddy, sir bear (I know very cleaver), who had been discarded on the floor this morning and clutch him to my chest, his familiar scent calming my mind.

Tomorrow is going to be crazy

A/N 

short chapter sorryyyyyyyy. hope everyone is enjoying though 

Lots of Love ❤️