(6) Camp

I get off of the stuffy bus but I don't know where to go. I walk off to the side and put down my heavy bag. What do I do? I'm all alone. By myself in a strange place.

Tears prick at my eyes but I refuse to let them fall. I am a cryer, and I don't always try to hide it but I literally just got here, I can't be so emotional already.

I look around and try to figure out where I have to go. People are walking around everywhere, some are adults, some are kids. Most of them have bags of sorts in their hands, hanging from their shoulders, or dragging behind them.

Trees surround the area, and little grovel paths weave between them. On the other side of the bus is a large parking lot with a few cars, wooden logs marking the parking spots. 

What surprises me is some of the things people are wearing. A few feet away is a girl dressed in a pink and white dress with her hair pulled. up in pigtails. That isn't the strange part, the strange part is the almost comically large diaper that is obviously present. Her dress does absolutely nothing to hide the fact she can't hold her bladder, and I think it might even be used by the way it's slightly sagging.

I pull my eyes away from the girl as something else catches my eye. A young man is crawling around on the floor, pads on his hands, knees, shins, and feet. A large blue diaper peaks out from behind some plastic contraption of sorts that looks like it is keeping his legs spread apart so mush that all he can do is crawl. The only other thing he has on is a shirt with baby cartoons on it.

What did mom sign me up for?

"Excuse me little one, are you lost?" A kind voice asks me. The voice belongs to a tall lady with soft looking hair. I nod my head as I take in her appearance, she looks normal.

"Can you tell me your name and then I can help you get all sorted out?" She smiles kindly at me and I notice a sticker name tag on her chest, one of the ones that says hello my name is. It says her name is Bell and that she's a worker at the camp.

"J-john." I stutter out, nerves messing up my speech.

"Well John come on and I'll help you," She hold out her hand, a green bracket on it, for me and I grab it. "Is that your bag?" I nod and in a quick motions she picks it up.

"My name is Bell and I'm a helper here at the camp, I'm so glad you decided to come stay with us this summer." She says as she walks us somewhere, dodging people left and right. I keep my eyes on the floor, looking out for rocks or other things I might trip on.

"Oh hey Bells, who do we have here?" I look up to the deeper voice who ask the question. We have walked to a table with a couple of computers and a person sitting behind each one. Right behind the table is an entrance to what looks like a very big cafeteria, but I can't see to well with the man blocking my view. The guy has curly black hair and a darker skin tone, well darker than mine but that's not saying much as I can get paler than snow during the winter.

"Hey Jeromy, I've got John here, I'm assuming a little." What's a little? Are they talking about my height?

Jeromy types something into his computer and seems to find what he's looking for. I notice his name tag and the same green bracelet like Bell's. Does the green also mean they work at the camp?

"Yes got it right here," Jeromy writes something on a piece of paper before handing it to Bell along with a yellow braclet.

"Table L 1-3." (Table L, one dash three)

"Thank you." Bell fiddles with the paper before getting the protective layer of paper off and sticking the name tag on my chest. With nice handwriting there is my name.