(12) Nightime Fall

ASHER POV

I look at my sleeping baby next to me, he's still gently suckling at his dwindling milk.

I think he was feeling the pull of the headspace, either that or he is really fussy when it comes to bed time. I was hoping he would talk to me about his problem with the crib but he didn't say anything.

I think some of this baby stuff is a little too much for him, but if we take it easy, well somewhat easy, he will be just fine. If one day was making him feel little already then I can't wait to see how long until he completely falls into headspace.

I get out of bed, making sure to go slow and to not wake up John. He looks so peaceful when he's sleeping, completely different from the little boy who had a fit because he didn't want to get in his crib.

I gently pick him up and his head lands on my shoulder. A whine escapes his mouth and I watch with curiosity as his head nestles around my shoulder. Eventually he stops moving and fairly quickly after that I feel a cold wetness on my shoulder. The little baby is sucking on my loose shirt.

I softly coo at him as I try to set him down in his crib without waking him up completely. He goes in much easier than he did when he was awake, letting go of my shirt with some tugging.

I quickly open a drawer from the bed side table and take out a brand new pacifier. It's blue with a little teddy on the front of it. The camp stuck with the teddy bear theme for John and I'm glad, it gave me an idea for a cute nickname for him.

My little bear.

I put the pacifier up to him pretty pink lips and he takes it in an instant, getting into an easy rhythm.

I turn my attention to the crib. I grab the latches at either side of the front side of the crib and push down. It easily comes down with my touch. The latches should be baby proof, at least Little proof, so I don't have to worry about John accidentally locking himself it in or accidentally escaping.

I am worried that the bars are too low, he might roll out in the middle of the night and that would not be a fun experience. Littles in headspace tend to move around a bit more in their sleep than when they're not. I debate on bringing up the bars just a little bit more but I stop myself. I promised him that I would put it as low as possible.

I grab John's blanket and drape it over him. I think it's almost funny that John doesn't wear a lot of clothes to bed either. I love that his diaper is on full display, he can't try to hide who he is when he's with me.

I grab his teddy and put it close to him, his arm immediately wraps around it and he pulls it close to his chest. I wish I had a phone so I could take a picture.

I sigh and rub my face. It's been a long day, a fun, great first day but a long one. I pull off my shirt and pants, tossing them at the end of my bed. I could take care of them in the morning, I'm a decently early riser.

I flop down onto the comfy bed, the slow movement of the fan brings a chill to my bare skin. I like to sleep with only underwear, clothes get to wrapped up and are to restricting at times. It only takes a few minutes to fall asleep and being the conclusion of the first day of summer camp.

                                                                                   ~~~~~~~~~~

I am jolted away by the sound of a loud thud followed by crying. It is pitch black in the cabin, the only source of light comes from my alarm clock that says it's almost three in the morning.

I am quick to get up and turn on the light from my lamp on the bedside table. It is easy to see what happened.

John is on the floor, tangled up in his blanket. His eyes are watery as he cries, his sounds are muffled by the pacifier bobbing in his mouth. It seems to be a source of comfort for him.

I get up and go to my baby. I easily pick him up, he doesn't weigh a lot and my time at the gym helps. He melts into my touch and it does not go unnoticed by me that he's used his diaper. It is slightly squishy and freshly warm, the fall must have scared him so much he peed.

"You're ok little bear." I sooth him with other comforting words as I bounce him in my arms. When he calms down to where he's no longer crying he is almost asleep, slack against my body.

"Are you hurt?" I ask gently inspecting his body. All I get is a head shake in response.

"It just scared you didn't it?" A head nod this time.

"That's ok baby, do you wanna sleep with daddy for the rest of the night." I only realize my use of the word daddy once it's already out of my mouth. I tense for a reaction but none comes, instead John nods his head again, pushing his head further into my shoulder.

"Let's get you changed real quick, you don't need to stay in a dirty diaper, it'll just make the rash worse." I carry John to the changing table and set him down. He whines profusely about being set down, reaching out so I'll pick him up again.

"Shhh, I'm right here, I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere little boy." I place one of my hands on his stomach as I talk and bend down to get another very thick nighttime diaper.

Now that I'm looking at it, John's diaper is pretty swollen and the wetness indicators are very present. He must have gone once before he fell.

I make quick word of cleaning him up and putting a new, fresh diaper on him. He waits patiently, well somewhat. Whines do come from the boy every once in a while, and I have to reassure him every time.

When I'm done John is quick to get back in my arms. I have a feeling he is a bit Little right now. It would be amazing if he could stay in headspace throughout the night and into tomorrow so I can have more of a feeling to how old he is.

"Ok baby bear, let's get some sleep." I mumble as I climb into bed, putting John in between me and the wall, he won't fall off the bed this way. The boy snuggles into me and his breathing evens out in a few seconds.

He must be so tired to be able to fall asleep so soon after being scared awake like that. It doesn't take me much longer to follow after him

A/N

Wasn't sure what to title this chapter so ya it is what it is. Hope y'all are enjoying 

Lots of Love ❤️