Love's Redemption and the Fragility of Life

Jungkook's POV:

"What do you want?" I said coldly.

"I'm here to ask you a favor," Kun said with a smile.

'Now I understand why Lisa fell in love with you so quickly,' I thought sadly to myself.

"What favor?" I asked, curious. He smiled before speaking and handed me some files.

"Five years ago, I got married to Gu Lisa. After the wedding, someone kidnapped Gu Lisa. Nobody knew except me. Months passed, and I found Gu Lisa, but..." he couldn't continue as he started crying.

"But... she's dead... I don't want to believe it... I went crazy, I couldn't sleep, I didn't want to live. But then someone called me and said they found my wife in a hospital in Korea. When I saw Lalisa, I was so happy, and I had a reason to live," he said, smiling as he recounted the story, while I didn't know whether to be angry or happy that he knew Lalisa wasn't his wife.

"When Lalisa woke up from her coma, she had lost her memory. So, I told her that she was my wife. In a short amount of time, I fell in love with her, and we started dating and deeply fell in love. And when I saw you in the hospital that day, I already knew that you... So, I brought her back to China. But now... I think karma has caught up with me," he said, still smiling, although sadness was evident in his eyes.

"So, my favor is for you to take good care of Lisa and my son. Love my son as your own and give them all your love... Can you do that?" he asked, his voice filled with sadness, yet he managed to smile at me.

"What about you?" I asked, he smiling at me as he stood up.

"I'm... I'm going to die soon," he said and walked away.

Mixed emotions overwhelmed me. I didn't know what to say, but I'm getting married next week.

Author's POV:

On the day of Jungkook's wedding, he received news that Kun had passed away.

Jungkook's POV:

I was still confused about what to do.

"Do you, Jeon Jungkook, accept Kim Jennie as your wife?" Father asked. I looked at Jennie and smiled.

"Jennie, I'm... sorry," I said, about to run away when Jennie grabbed hold of me.

"She doesn't love you, Jungkook... but I do. So please, I'm begging you... stay," Jennie pleaded.

"I know she doesn't love me... but I love her," I said, about to run again when her words stopped me.

"What about me, Jungkook? What about your promise? You promised me that after your marriage, you would get a divorce and marry me, and we would start our own family... Jungkook... what about me?" Jennie said, tears streaming down her face.

"I... I'm sorry, Jennie... but divorcing Lalisa is my biggest mistake," I said, running towards the parking lot.

Author's POV:

When Jungkook arrived at Lisa's house, she immediately turned him away.

However, he didn't leave and instead stayed, even as it started to rain.

The next day, Jungkook's parents called Lisa.

Lisa's POV:

"Please... Lali, let my son see you," Jungkook's mother pleaded on the other end of the line.

"Mom, I..."

"Please, Lali..."

Lisa couldn't refuse, so she decided to go.

When Jungkook saw her, he looked like a child who hadn't seen his parents in a long time.

"Can you stop..." I yelled, feeling frustrated by his persistent behavior. He looked surprised by my outburst.

"You're okay, right? So I'm leaving," I said, ready to walk away from the situation. But before I could go, he spoke and unexpectedly hugged me.

"Please, Lali, don't leave me again," he pleaded, holding me tightly in his embrace.

"Please, Lali... I can't live without you," he continued, slowly kneeling in front of me and grasping my hands.

I felt a mix of emotions. I couldn't deny that I felt sorry for him, but I also didn't know what I should do or how to feel.

"I promise I'll change... just don't go," he pleaded, hugging me once again.

"Please, Lali, I need you," he said, his words tugging at my heart. Unable to resist his plea, I nodded and led him to his room.

As he lay down, I prepared to leave, but he held onto my hand.

"Please, Lali, don't go... stay with me," he whispered, still slightly feverish but not as much as before.

When he fell asleep, I tried to gently pull my hand away, but he woke up and clung tightly to it.

With no other choice, I decided to lie down next to him, providing him with the comfort and reassurance he sought.

Jungkook's POV:

When I woke up, Lali was nowhere to be found. Panic surged through me, and I rushed to Lisa's house.

"Lali, Lali...!" I shouted repeatedly, desperately searching for her.

"Lali!!!" I called out as Lali appeared before me.

"What do you want?" she asked, her voice filled with anger.

"Lali, please come back to me," I pleaded, my heart aching.

"How dare you say that," she snapped, her anger turning into tears.

"You've hurt me so many times," she sobbed, her voice filled with pain.

"I know... but I'll do anything to make it right, just forgive me," I said, kneeling before her.

"Anything... then die," Lali said, her words filled with anger, and she slammed the door shut on me.

I didn't utter a word and walked away. When I reached the bridge, I took out my phone and called Lali, but there was no answer. So, I left a message instead.

"Lali, I want you to be happy, so I'll die for you."

I sat at the edge of the bridge, memories of Lali's beautiful face flooding my mind. I remembered the day we got married, her wearing a wedding dress and her radiant smile. But I had only brought pain to her.

When I finished reminiscing, I stood up and smiled one last time.

"Jungkook!" I heard the woman I loved shout.

"Lali, I'm sorry, and I hope you can forgive me," I said, looking at her one last time before I jumped.

"Jungkook!" were the last words I heard before everything went silent, and I closed my eyes.