Chapter 2

Comment which country you're reading this from and your favourite grand prix! X

﹌﹌﹌

The days that past shortly after the ending of the tour were consisted of intense planning and preparation in the run up to Vegas. I eventually lost count of the amount of times we all gathered around the same meeting table and discussed ideas of dance routines, placement, stage lightening, outfits and then of course the one song we was going to perform.

"And will we be performing as each driver makes their entrance or afterwards?" Jade asked.

It was Tuesday and the event was tomorrow night, the sun had been set for hours as we finalised the last minute preparations before our flight the following day. I leant back and brought my knees up close to my chest as I dug my hands inside the sleeves of a plain cream jumper I was wearing as I listened in closely.

"Neither you'll be performing before and then they'll be announcing each driver as they make there entrance which i presume will be on a platform of some sort" Camille explained carefully as she gently tapped her pen against her cheek as she scanned the papers in front of her.

Exhaustion had become a numbness to me, the redness under my eyes was wearing more thick each day but I knew I had to focus on the final push before we all went on the break we so needed and deserved. A part of me was actually excited about Vegas as I'd never been and I knew how much of a big deal it was to me and the girls to be performing at a place which was going to be watched by millions. But also slightly daunting at the same time.

"Will we be attending the qualifying session and race on the Saturday and Sunday?" I inquired which assembled a number of faces to turn to me with a mixture of shock and curiosity written on them.

"Well you all have paddock passes so I'd make use of them, but don't worry you'll have security at all times as fans are allowed in the paddock" Camille uttered quickly before the girls jumped into the conversation.

"How the fuck do you know what a qualifying session is?" Leigh snorted.

"You said it with such ease. I've never been prouder" Jade mocked.

"I did my research it'd be ignorant of me to turn up to an event I knew so little about"

My nights for the past two days had been taken over by me researching every important detail I needed to know about F1 including some facts about the drivers just on the off chance I had the opportunity to speak to them afterwards. As soon as I found myself reading about a term called DRS I shut my laptop and turned off the lights in my hotel room realising I'd pushed my brain way to far for one night.

"I have to if I'm being honest" Jesy admitted as she raised her hand and smiled proudly.

"And what have you learnt Miss Nelson?" I pushed teasingly.

Jesy cleared her throat as if she was about to present a presentation. She pursed her lips together fighting back a laugh and clasped her hands together. "The cars they drive can go from zero to 160 kilometres per hour in like four seconds"

"Bet my Mercedes couldn't do that" Jade said as she crossed her arms heavily across her chest.

"Lewis's could though" Jesy said quickly.