Chapter 3

﹌﹌﹌

The last thing I remember was sleep finally washing over me as I layed down next to Jesy. I had finally woken up from a sleep that must've only lasted a few hours as the sun gradually peered through the drapes and scattered patterns against the cream coloured carpet. I instantly rolled onto my side away from the blinding light and reached for my phone to check the time when I realised Jesy wasn't in the room.

4.43pm

"Shit!" I shouted as I sprung from the mattress throwing on a pair of blue ripped flares, a white crop top and a matching pair of white trainers. Bending over the bedside table I retrieved my sunglasses, phone and purse before darting for the door and down the stairs into the hotel lobby.

Camille, Jesy, Jade and Leigh was seen a few yards in front of me sat against an interestingly placed in-door water fountain. The lobby was big and beautiful. And as I quickly looked around I realised that the ceiling was made of glass and you could witness people on the first floor walking back and forth going about their day. When I finally reached them I leant forward placing my hands against my thighs and letting out a breath before directing my anger towards Jesy.

"Why didn't you wake me?!" I hissed loud enough so she could hear but quietly enough so the rest of the hotel reception didn't.

"And ruin the fun of watching you run over here? Absolutely not" Jesy choked out between her laughter.

I rolled my eyes visibly annoyed as Camille instructed us to put on our sunglasses, smile and wave to the papz but under no circumstances verbally interact with them until after the performance. A short while later, Camille along with three tall broad built security men began to escort the four of us on the short walk from the entrance of the lobby to the blacked out mini van parked up waiting for us. I looped my hand casually into Jades as we weaved our way through the continuous clicking and flashing of cameras and the occasional "Lucinda are you seeing anyone right now?" question. I was so bored it.

Once inside the van I removed my black tinted sunglasses and inclined my body against the seat as we began to drive through the bursting streets of Vegas. I placed my AirPods carefully into my ears and turned my head towards the window attempting to drown out the last of the pre performance nerves. After I finished scrolling through the countless playlists I'd created over the duration of the tour, I caved and pressed shuffle. You are the reason by Callum Scott played delicately into my ears and my body relaxed with sudden ease. And breathe.

When we arrived at the track I stepped out the van and looked around, luckily we was parked in a private car park so the access from here to the paddock was smoother. The remaining five minutes or so of the drive was filled with scenes of people walking towards the entrances, a sea of orange, green, purple and yellow with red dominating the most all cheering happy in there bubbles.

The girls hopped out the car and joined me in taking in the view. It was blistering hot and my hair was already beginning to stick to the back of my neck that I had to annoyingly keep unsticking.

"Fuck me I am sweating my tits off" Jade was fanning herself her phone case that'd she'd stripped off the back of her phone.

"Please say our outfits are breathable, I wouldn't hack it if we was wearing what we did on the first night of our tour" I pleaded as I turned to look at Camille who was strapping a walkie talkie to her waist.