Chapter 8

﹌﹌﹌

Liked by jadethirwall, charles_leclerc and 420,235 othersLucinda Stone: happy dayz ☀️

Lucinda Stone: happy dayz ☀️

View all 4,584 comments
leighannepinnock: let's gooooo😍
jesynelson: the Monaco men treating you well?😉

                                     ﹌﹌﹌

"Absolutely not"

Four days later and it was my last night in Monaco. Me and Charles had spent the majority of the days in bougie restaurants as I called them drinking wine that was way overpriced. Or at his apartment where he showed me how talented he was on the piano. I was saddened to leave, I knew that once I did I wouldn't see him for a while but we'd try our best to stay in touch. But with the Christmas period slowly approaching I doubted we'd have the time. I was also grateful for the time I'd got to spend getting to know Charles, over the days I noticed how comfortable he became around my presence and I was happy to call him a life long friend.

Or so I thought.

"Oh come on don't be a bore, it's just a few drinks with some friends since it's your last night in Monaco" Charles lifted his wine glass to his mouth taking a quick sip as I bored my eyes into him with a glare.

"There not just any friends though it's Lando Norris and Alex Albon, it's formula 1 friends"

He chuckled placing the glass down to his side as he leant his elbows against the table clasping his hands together.

"Oh come on there not that bad when you finally meet them, Alex is pretty chill and Lando is just loud" he leant forward a smile peeking at the corner of his lips "you don't have any problems with someone who's loud do you?"

I instantly rolled my eyes, a short laugh escaped my lips as I gently tapped the rim of my glass that was perched comfortably in my lap.

"Charles Leclerc that was highly inappropriate!"

"No what was inappropriate was you screaming the words to a Take That song whilst I was playing you one of my songs"

The smile that was tugging at my lips grew wider, as the vivid memory came rushing back to me. That day it was raining and we decided to spend the day in his apartment. It was the first time I'd seen Charles in an almost completely relaxed state, his joggers gently hung low hugging his hips and his hair hadn't been touched or styled. The real Charles Leclerc you could say.

Charles began to press his fingers gently into the keys of his piano, I sat patiently by his side as I watched his hands move freely across the keys a soft tune filling the room.

I realised instantly that one of the songs he was playing sounded a lot like a song I had on my continuously played playlist. A Take That song. Or maybe it didn't but I decided to belt the lyrics anyway.