Chapter 22

Authors note:
This chapter will be discussing a bit on mental health issues especially depression and anxiety so trigger warning for any of you beautiful souls that unfortunately suffer with this. Your not alone. Your heard. Your seen. Reach out 🤍

ALSO Did someone say Kika cameo ;) I was so excited to have Kika as a main side character in this story as I just adore her in real life. This chapter will be very focused around Luce and Charles getting through there first hurdle and you'll be able to get a glimpse into Luces past which I've had in the works for quite some time now as you'll see in previous chapters me teasing things here and there. The next few chapters have already been written and the real plot of Fast Love really comes into play in them.

Expect drama. Expect tears. I'll see you guys real soon❤️

  Song for this chapter: Where's my love by SYML
﹌﹌﹌
I always believed for a long time depression, anxiety and panic attacks were signs of weakness. That couldn't have been further from the truth. There signs of trying to remain strong for far too long. People believe depression is sadness, that it is crying non stop and dressing in black. But people were wrong. I was wrong. Because I was a victim. You wouldn't had thought I suffered from anxiety. That's the weird thing about mental health, people can look so normal on the outside. Live such normal lives. And still suffer. When I was around Charles though every anxious thought or feeling disappeared. I'd not found a cure but I'd found my person. But there was only so much he could do for me, and with the press piling on the pressure I was officially a ticking time bomb.

93,747likes

93,747likes

charlesleclelrcfanpage: Are we seriously going to forget this photo from Bahrain? It's clear Charles and Lucinda are more then friends?

View all 2933 comments

The next morning, I awoke to Charles asleep peacefully beside me. It was media day for him on track so I knew he needed to wake up soon. I reached out my hand from under the cosy covers and gently stroked his cheek. Charles stirred causing his eyes to slowly flutter open, my thumb being brushed by his long eyelashes. He didn't speak at first instead he shut his eyelids again and nestled his face into my touch.

"Morning" he murmured sleepily.

"Morning..I didn't want to wake you but you've got to be ready soon" I ushered quietly helping him come round faster. "It's okay it's nice to wake up to this" He muttered smiling sleepily at me. My thumb continued to graze over his soft cheek "I couldn't help myself"

His eyes smiled warmly at me, reaching his hand up and curling his fingers around my wrist in response to my gentle touch "mhmm? Couldn't resist what?"

"You" my words came out breathlessly. He leaned in closer, his lips brushing against the palm of my hand as he gently kissed it "I could get used to this you know" he placed a gentle kiss on my lips leaving my body aching for more. I couldn't resist nestling myself into his chest and savouring a few final minutes in his arms before he had to leave. But my phone ringing soon disturbed that, I groaned in annoyance causing Charles to chuckle huskily against my ear "go answer it"