Chapter 7

﹌﹌﹌

Lights. Stage. Perform. The three main words that I had heard through-out my five years as a singer. My world revolved around sparkly stage outfits and blowing the roof of stadiums.

And now there was silence.

Dramatic as it sounded the start of the break from Devine had begun and I was feeling. Well. Depressed. Even the Monaco sunshine couldn't break that feeling inside me. My time in Monaco had begun a week ago, but not before I had travelled to Cannes to visit my family and Majorca for the beaches and cocktails. Monaco had brought a sense of comfort to me, the nice people, the tall staggered buildings on the hills surrounding below and the expensive looking restaurants scattered around. Not to mention no one here really knew me or Devine and that was perfect.

I had rolled out of bed in my hotel room around noon and threw together an outfit that was simple yet effective. A white sundress paired with rose gold sunglasses. I was seeing finally Charles, the f1 season had ended and winter break was in full swing for him. The text I had received at the start of the week brought a small smile to my face. Finally a little bit on sunshine in my life.

Charles: I'm finally back in Monaco if you'll still have me as your tour guide :)

We had arranged to meet at a small coffee shop approximately a three minute walk from my hotel. It'd been two months since I last saw Charles in Las Vegas and a month into the break from the girls. And I missed them terribly. I'd made sure to stay in contact with them, FaceTiming every night hearing about Leigh's wild stories partying in Ibiza. I'd also exchanged a few texts with Charles here and there when he had the time.

I rounded the tight corner onto a road much more spread and simple. The small buildings were cramped together and at the end of the road was a coffee shop placed perfectly in view of the sea. There was an outside seating area just in view and I decided to try there first in hopes of finding Charles already sat there waiting. I took off my sunglasses as I scanned cautiously around before they layed on a figure with his back to me, I instantly recognised the ruffled brown hair and broad shoulders. It was Charles. I strolled over to the table and sat down casually in front of him, Charles eyes locked onto mine his face breaking into a smile.

"And here I was thinking you wasn't going to show"

I chuckled warmly as I removed a few strands of hair that had stuck to my face from the warm heat.

"You're my tour guide I'd be lost without you"

Charles smiled as he leant back his chair. His appearance hadn't changed but i wasn't expecting it to have. It'd been only two months. He was wearing a grey polo paired with blue jeans. He wore his sunglasses however strictly on his face, and I only assumed that was to draw less attention to himself. Everyone in Monaco knew who Charles was, he was their prince as people called him. And I found that quite endearing.

"The sunglasses part of your new disguise?"

He flashed a mischievous grin "I'm actually unrecognisable with these on" he said, boldly crossing his arms over his torso.

"Really because I spotted you instantly and I hardly know you" I teased, cocking an eyebrow up. He swatted a napkin from the table at me and I caught it instantly "got to be quicker then that Leclerc"

"How was the rest of the season? I was gutted to leave Vegas so soon" Thirty minutes later and our coffees had arrived. We both found ourselves comfortably layed back in our chairs deep in conversation about what we had been up to since we last saw each other.

He shrugged effortlessly before answering "It was a good few last performances, but it's always bittersweet when the season ends. I finished a strong second in Japan though"