✈︎ten

axis and i make our way towards the women's locker room after the flight, nothing much happened except for the fact that we took down jester, putting us up to first place in the leaderboard which was great because when i got to this place i swore ...

axis and i make our way towards the women's locker room after the flight, nothing much happened except for the fact that we took down jester, putting us up to first place in the leaderboard which was great because when i got to this place i swore to myself that axis and i weren't only just going to be the first females to graduate, we were going to be the first females to graduate top of our class.

we walk into the women's locker room. over the past week we've gotten pretty acquainted with the bleak look of it.
two small showers, one bench and just two lockers.

"i can't believe we took down jester" axis says grinning as she puts her helmet into her locker.

i nod in agreement as i copy her and put my helmet away in my locker as well "and we got put up to the top of the leaderboard"

axis whoops in excitement "i so hope we win"

i smile whilst i strip from my flightsuit "me too, i'm determined to beat mav and goose"

"i want to rub it in piper and mars' faces when we do win just to show them that we're useful for so much more than just marrying like they seem to think for some reason" axis replies

i step into the shower and throw my towel over the railing before pulling the curtain around me "i can already image the look on their stupid faces when they see we graduated first"

axis giggles "it's going to an absolute picture"
i hear her step in the shower next to me and i take that as my cue to shut up as both axis and i like to shower in absolute peace.

i give my body a good through scrub with my body wash. i glance at the shampoo and conditioner bottles i bought with me. i'm already close to the maximum amount of time you are even allowed in these things, so i just decide to wash my hair back at our house.
-
5 minutes later i turn the shower off and grab my towel wrapping it around me before stepping out. i move about the room putting on my spare change of clothes -which is just my regular navy uniform-, rolling on some deodorant and scraping some fly- away hairs back into my military bun.

"i'll wait for you outside okay?" i yell to axis over the sound of her shower

"okay" she yells back

"be quick!"

"i will!"

i step outside of the locker room and i'm greeted by two smiling faces looking at me.

"seriously? standing outside the women's locker room? someone's going to report you two for being creeps one day" i say rolling my eyes

"we didn't mean any harm" maverick says

"yeah, yeah i know"

"anyways, the guys and us were discussing in the locker room heading to the o club again tonight" goose says

"you and axis in?" maverick asks "don't worry, if they play that song that makes you cry again i'll ask them to turn it off"

"thanks, i'd love too but i don't know what axis was planning to do tonight" i reply staring into his eyes.

he stares right back at my face, his smile growing wider. "you look nice"

"thanks" i reply smiling softly

he just stares at me for a few seconds before clearing his throat "so i hear you and axis took down jester today?"

"huh? oh yeah we did" i say

"hey that's great!" goose says

"and now we're top of the leaderboard" axis says as she strolls out of the locker room.  "sucks to be you guys" she adds on patting goose's back

maverick rolls his eyes at her "not for long, goose and i are coming for you"

"the game is on then" i say "anyways axis, mav and goose wanted to know if you want to come to the o club with us and the rest of the squadron tonight"

"sure i don't think i've got anything else to do, when are we going?" axis asks

"now" goose says

"now?" axis continues shocked "wow you guys really like to give people absolutely no notice beforehand"

mav and goose look confused

"why would we?" goose asks

"never mind just come on" i say as i start walking quickly

maverick rushes to catch up with me

"hey what's got you so speedy today" he says grabbing my arm

"being tired of standing there" i reply letting him hang onto my arm

he laughs and rolls his eyes before throwing his arm around my shoulder and squeezing it

"always the impatient one"

"shut up" i say before we all get to our vehicles and climb in or in maverick and goose's case- on.

"see you there" i say waving at them

as i watch maverick drive off he looks back and shouts loudly
"miss you already!"
what an idiot. but i can't resist him.
-

the next chapter might take a little over a week to come out
i'll have to see as i'm currently doing my mock exams
so sorry for any inconvenience
thanks for reading + sorry this chapter is so short
<3