✈︎fourteen

4 days later i wake up bright and early on sunday morning and walk out my room to make some breakfast

4 days later
i wake up bright and early on sunday morning and walk out my room to make some breakfast. i see axis standing eating a slice of toast by the toaster

"hey good morning" she says

"morning" i reply getting out some pans and a carton of eggs "want any scrambled egg?"

"sure" axis replies

i go about cracking the eggs in the pan and stirring them up. things have been a lot better over the past couple of days, charlie called for maverick,goose and axis and spoke to them about me in her office. i still have absolutely no idea what she said to them as they all refuse to tell me but they've been doing a lot more to help me (and axis hasn't tried to take bolt's dog tags off me again).

after breakfast i go back into my bedroom to get ready to play volleyball, i rummage in my drawers and hold up a new black bikini i bought a couple weeks ago which axis absolutely adored when i tried it on  and in her words was "stunning". i slip it on and stare at myself in the mirror, the giant ugly scar crosses right through it clearly visible. i yell out in anger. i remember clearly how it happened. i ejected from my plane but as i did i cut all across my body on a piece of glass, luckily the hospital were able to patch it up and stop the bleeding but it left something still there. looming.

axis comes through my door "hey what's the matter? why are you screaming?" she says looking me up and down "hey you look so good!"

"no i don't i look horrible!" i reply

"what are you talking about?" she asks looking confused "you look gorgeous"

"don't lie" i reply

"why would i lie?" axis asks again looking very confused

"can you not see the gigantic scar i have running across me?!" i ask, horrified.

"what's wrong with it?" axis asks

i stand there utterly bewildered "what's wrong with it!? it sticks out like a sore thumb, it's ugly and horrific!"

"it just shows that you escaped death, like if you didn't eject the plane you would have died, it shows you're brave" axis says "i don't see anything wrong with it"

"whatever i'm wearing a dress over it" i reply huffing

"i don't think you should but if you really want to." axis says "if you really believe it looks that bad, which by the way it doesn't, then hide away from it"

"don't be like that" i reply

"i'm telling you how it is" axis says "you can't hide it forever siren"

"whatever just go and get dressed" i say, axis stares at me for a couple of seconds before leaving.

i rummage through any wardrobe and pull out a beach dress. i slip it over my head and turn to look at myself in the mirror.