✈︎eleven

after a painstakingly long interrogation with axis in the car about my feelings for maverick, we finally pull up at the club

after a painstakingly long interrogation with axis in the car about my feelings for maverick, we finally pull up at the club. although i'm not actually sure if you can call it a club, it's more of a bar but i suppose that's just the name. i reach towards my passenger door but it already opens for me, i look up and see a handsome face staring back at me. he offers me his hand.

"mav, i am perfectly capable of getting out of the car on my own" i say whilst rolling my eyes but i take his hand either way.

"what kind of gentleman would i be if i didn't offer a lady as pretty as you a hand" he says grinning confidently

"always the flirt" i say as all four of us walk into the club.

as usual it's absolutely jammed packed full of people, we all make our way to the bar in the middle of the room and order a few beers.

"this time you have to actually let axis and i pay for our drinks" i say firmly to maverick

"aww damn i was hoping mav would pay for the drinks, it'll save me some money" goose says jokingly

"fine, fine i let you pay for drinks" maverick says

the bartender hands us our beers and we all start taking a few sips.

maverick looks around "this is what i call a target rich environment"

axis looks at me and raises her eyebrows as if to say 'what the hell?', i just shrug in reply.

"you live your life in between your legs mav" goose says slapping him on the back

i frown at that, annoyed. but i brush it off and sip my beer nonchalantly gazing around. there is quite a lot of people here tonight, although there always is, i spot iceman yet again in the corner with two girls hanging off his arms while he sips his drink and chats to them like it's nothing.

' i bet bolt would have liked it here' i think to myself

i shake my head, don't think about him siren, you'll only get in a state again and that will be the second time you've gone out with maverick and goose and you've freaked. they'll think you're a lunatic.

i avert my attention back to the other three who are chatting a bit with other people.

"are you going to talk to maverick or are you just going to sit there?" axis asks jabbing my ribs

"i will talk to him, jesus christ give me a chance!" i reply

"we'll go on then, he's right.." axis says as she turns around only to see neither maverick or goose and in their seats.

i look around confused "um where the hell are they?"

"i don't have a clue" axis says also looking around in bewilderment.

i listen around the bar, the music has stopped.

well that's strange..

people's voices have gone quiet, people are stopping their conversations.

weird.

suddenly i feel a tap on my shoulder and i spin around in my seat, only to see maverick staring back at me.

"you never close your eyes, anymore when i kiss your lips" he starts singing into a microphone he somehow acquired out of nowhere.

"what the hell are you doing?" i hiss, weary of all the peoples eyes looking directly at us

"there's no tenderness like before in your fingertips" goose joins in whilst they start bobbing back and forward and snapping their fingers to some imaginary beat.

"goose! what the hell?" i say again, trying to desperately stop whatever embarrassing stunt they are pulling.

"you're trying hard not to show it" they sing whilst maverick points at my face.

and then just to my luck, the whole ENTIRE rest of the bar joins in to finish the lyrics.

"but baby believe me i know it, you've lost that lovin' feeling" everyone sings as my cheeks burn up, i glance over at axis who was joined in, to be expected.

"woah that lovin' feeling, you've lost that lovin' feeling, now it's gone.. gone.. gone.." everyone carries on "woah, woah woah"

i point at the seat next to me gesturing for maverick to sit down.

he puts up a whole entire show, waving to everyone and saying "thank you, thank you".

"what in the hell was that?" i ask

"what did you not like it? our very own double act" he says grinning

"thank god you're a good pilot because if you had to make your living as a singer i'd be worried sick"

he pouts jokingly "what you don't think my singing is absolutely extraordinary, radiant and harmonious?"

"it could use some work" i say laughing "so how many times have you used that act before?"

"twice, crashed and burned on the first one, it wasn't pretty" he says

"and the second?" i ask taking a sip of my beer intrigued

"well i'll tell you later but i think it's looking pretty good so far"

"well i love the song so that's a few points from me"

"oh really?" he asks leaning in

"really" i reply leaning in to him as well.

he looks in my eyes, then down to my lips, then back up at my eyes.

i clear my throat and draw my head back.

damn it siren! why didn't you keep your head there!

"so you like the song then?" he asks

"yes, it's a nice song" i reply awkwardly

"well there!" maverick says happily as he sneakily intertwines his fingers with mine "i know everything"

"you wish" i say looking down at our hands, but i don't pull away.

i finish the rest of my beer and try to pay but maverick grabs my hand back.

"you said you'd let me pay" i say

"i lied" he replies grabbing his wallet

"you better let me pay, pete mitchell!" i protest but he'd already handed the money over despite my best efforts"you're going to be the death of me, you better let me pay next time"

"wouldn't dream of it" he replies with a smile

i roll my eyes and squeeze his hand a tiny bit.

"your hands are soft" he says looking down at them

"huh? oh thanks.. i guess"

he smiles at me again.

"you have pretty hair" he adds

i take a deep breath and decide to go for it

"you have a handsome face"

"oh?" he says grinning wider.

oh god now i've inflated his ego even more!

"glad you think that"

"oh get over yourself" i say tapping his arm lightly

he laughs "where's the fun in that."
-