✈︎thirteen

i wake up the next morning bright and early, the sun shines brightly through my curtains reflecting rays onto the wall

i roll over to the side and see maverick still sleeping next to me, his arm tightly wrapped around my waist.

oh god i was so embarrassing yesterday!

i try to shimmy my way out of his grip but he pulls me back and mumbles sleepily not even opening his eyes "no stay".

i grumble and lie back down secretly revelling in the fact he is cuddling me. i move my hand softly into his dark hair and brush it out of his face, twirling it around my fingers and combing through it using my hands. maverick leans in closer and snuggles me into his chest.

okay he clearly doesn't know what he's doing. not that i'm complaining.

"mav" i whisper into his ear. no reply. "maverick" i whisper again.

i hear a groan and i see him peak his left eye open to look at me. "shhh it's too early siren go back to sleep"

"pete, seriously get up we've got class in an hour" i reply

"i don't wanna go" he protests sleepily

"well you're going" i reply tugging his arm

"you're so mean" he says burying his face into my pillow.

i roll my eyes and pull bolts tags out from my pillow, maverick immediately shoots up.

"what?" i ask confused

"you can't keep those forever you know, you have to let him go" maverick replies

"it's not that easy"

"i can help, axis and goose can help, you just have to trust us"

i sigh loudly again and roll over to face away from him but he pulls me back

"i'm serious" he says sternly "i want to help"

i don't reply but i just snake my way out of his grip on me and grab my uniform from my closet. maverick climbs out of bed and looms behind me.

"what?" i ask turning to look at him "do you need a spare uniform or something? because the ones i have are all women's sizes so if you can squeeze into one"

"no it's fine i keep my uniform at top gun" maverick replies

i just shrug and begin brushing my hair and tying it into a ponytail before rolling it to make a bun.

"you should wear your hair down more often, it looks nice" maverick comments

"can't really do that seeing as my job requires me to have it in a military bun" i reply as i lather hair spray on to keep it in its place.

"well i mean on your days off" he replies

i roll my eyes and smooth all my hair back into a clean bun