𝖽.𝗆 - 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝗌𝗍𝗈𝗋𝗒

────── ∘◦ ⛤☽⛤ ◦∘ ──────

We were both young, when I first saw you

You stood on your balcony, impatiently waiting the arrival of the famous Malfoy family. Playing with the braids your mom tied, you practiced what you were going to say to the young boy: Draco. Rumour had it that he was very picky with his friends, so you tried your hardest to impress him with your greeting. In the distance, you saw them walk past the gates, and you immediately ran down, cheeks going red with excitement. "Woah, calm down, sweetheart. You don't want to hurt yourself, now do you?" Your dad laughed, holding you sternly by his side to stop you from fidgeting. As soon as your dad opened the door, you met Draco's eyes, instantly fumbling over the words you'd spent the last week practicing. 

"Hi, I'm Draco," the little boy extended his arm. You nodded rapidly, smiling like a lunatic as you shook his hand, grateful as you saw him smiling back.

I closed my eyes and the flashback starts, I'm standing there, on a balcony in summer air. 

You did what you always had done, stood on the balcony, eagerly waiting for Draco and his parents to arrive. The minute he stepped foot in your property, his grey-ish eyes fell on you, his lips twitching into an all too familiar smile. 

See the lights, see the party, the ball gowns

You stood atop the stairs that paved your path down to the ballroom. As always, you played with your gown, uncertain of whether it looked wrinkled or stained. But all of that disappeared as you laid eyes on the boy waiting for you at the other end of the room. Draco's eyes were glimmering with affection and awe as he looked at you, the way he'd done for years now. 

I see you make your way through the crowd and say "hello", little did I know

"You look beautiful," he murmured, still stunned by the way you looked. "You don't look too bad either, Malfoy," you smiled, pressing a soft kiss to his cheek as he took your hand in his and led you to dance. 

That you were Romeo, you were throwin' pebbles

You groaned, dragging yourself over to the window. "Draco?" You whined, swinging the window open, letting the cold breeze in. "Did I wake you, love?" He called, careful about your parents. "What do you think?" You shot back, sleepiness still hanging over your head. "Did you throw pebbles? Did you break my window!" Rapidly, you checked the glass, sighing when you found it to still be intact. He laughed, "Come down!" You scoffed, "I'm in my nightdress." He stood silent for a few moments, raising a brow before chuckling again. "Do I look like I care? Come downstairs, I've been trying to wake you for a while now." 

And my daddy said "stay away from Juliet." 

"You snuck out with Draco Malfoy?" Your dad raged at you, your eyes stinging with tears. "Darling, it's just him." Your mother tried to calm your father, but he wouldn't have any of it. The next day you'd heard him talking to your mother, "I've warned Lucius to keep his son away from my daughter. He won't be a good influence on her." 

And I was cryin' on the staircase, begging you "please don't go"

"No, don't listen to them. Please," you begged, hugging him tight. "I'm sorry. I have no say in this, you know that." He murmured, tightening his grip around you. "Goodbye, my love," he called, before turning away and walking off. You fell to the ground, gripping onto the railing of the staircase for support. Beside you, your father was glaring at the blonde boy as he walked away, your tears not affecting your father at all. 

And I said, "Romeo take me, somewhere we can be alone. I'll be waiting all that's left to do is run. You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess, it's a love story." 

You sent the letter to him through your owl, hoping he'd listen to your wishes. Praying he would read it and come to find you, to take you with him. 

Baby, just say "yes." 

The letter had come back to you, and you very nearly tore the letter itself when you opened it. In his very familiar writing, there was a line on the bottom: "I'm coming for you." 

So I sneak out to the garden to see you, we keep quiet cause we're dead if they knew so close your eyes, escape this town for a little while 

"How'd you get in?" You giggled, gripping onto him as you both ran through the maze in your garden. "I have some tricks up my sleeve. Anything for you." Draco whispered, kissing you softly under the moonlight. 

Cause you were Romeo, I was a scarlet letter

You both stole secret glances at each other, yet never approaching each other. Men lined up to talk to you, as did women for him. But you belonged to each other, it was just that no one knew.

And my daddy said "stay away from Juliet." 

"This is my last warning, boy. I don't want to see you anywhere near my daughter, and I don't want to hear about anything between you at school. Am I clear?" 

But you were everything to me, I was begging you "please don't go"

"Not again, Draco. Please." You found yourself in the same place, crying about the same thing. "This was our last time, my love. This is where our story ends. I love you." He whispered, silent tears falling onto your dress, "I love you, Draco." 

And I said, "Romeo take me somewhere we can be alone, I'll be waiting, and that's left to do is run. You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess. It's a love story, baby just say "yes"

The letter went again, with tear stained scattered across the page. You couldn't do it without him. Without your person. Your love. 

"Romeo save me, they're trying to tell me how to feel. This love is difficult, but it's real. Don't be afraid, we'll make it out of this mess. It's a love story, baby just say "yes"

Another letter. Devastation filled you due to the fact that you hadn't gotten a reply for the first letter. You thought he'd begun to forget you, that he'd moved on. 

I got tired of waiting. Wonderin if you were ever coming around, my faith in you was fading

The letters to him had stopped, the crying every night had stopped. The piece of your heart he'd taken with you felt numb, and you knew there was nothing to stop the emptiness you felt. 

When I met you on the outskirts of town

"Draco?" You asked, letting out a silent sigh of relief after seeing him. "Y/n," he muttered, gaping at you. 

And I said, "Romeo, save me, I've been feeling so alone. I keep waiting for you, but you never come."

Your eyes welled with tears at the painful memories flooding back in again. Memories of the countless hours you'd spent praying, crying, begging him to come back to you.

Is this in my head? I don't know what to think

You watched as he dropped all the bags around him, and picked out a box from inside his cloak. 

He knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring, and said, "marry me, Juliet..."

He looked up at you, hope shining in his eyes. Affection. Love. Desire. All the emotions had been let in again at the sight of your true love kneeled in front of you, asking for your hand in marriage.

"You'll never have to be alone. I love you and that's all I really know"

Draco, too, had tears running down his cheeks. He'd planned this for ages, doing everything he could to finally get your father's approval from behind your back. A surprise that had ruined you for the year of silence in between.

"I talked to your dad, go pick out a white dress"

You were sobbing now, hands trembling as you placed them above your heart. Your lips quivered under the weight of his affection.

"It's a love story, baby, just say, "yes"

"Yes. Yes, yes!" You smiled as he slipped the ring onto your finger before lifting you up and spinning you around. "I love you so much, love," he told you as he set you down again. 

'Cause we were both young when I first saw you

                                      ────── ∘◦ ⛤☽⛤ ◦∘ ──────

i love taylor too much to not do this

ANY OTHER SONG RECS AND FOR WHICH BOY?

love,
M <3