𝗐𝗁𝖾𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗒 𝖺𝗌𝗄 𝗌𝗈𝗆𝖾𝗈𝗇𝖾 𝖾𝗅𝗌𝖾 𝗍𝗈 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗒𝗎𝗅𝖾 𝖻𝖺𝗅𝗅 - 𝗉𝗍.2

*best friends but crushing* AT THE YULE BALL!
                                 ────── ∘◦ ⛤☽⛤ ◦∘ ──────

Draco Malfoy:

You were dancing with Mattheo, having more fun that you imagined

He spun you around, evoking a laugh from you until your eyes fell on Draco. The boy was dancing with his date, a wide smile on his face. 

"Y/n. I asked you to the Ball so we could have fun, and so I could distract you from him," Mattheo whispered in your ear. 

Looking down, you feel guilt rising in you at neglecting him, "I'm sorry, Mattheo. It's just--", he cuts you off, smiling knowingly, "I know what it is, love. Or rather, who it is. Do you want to get some fresh air?"

"Yes please," you smile. Hand in hand with him, you take him with you, much to his surprise. 

"I thought you needed alone time," Mattheo said as he trailed behind you. "I don't like being alone at night, and you make me feel rather safe." You smiled at him, walking into the empty courtyard. The moonlight illuminated the space, making it seem ethereal. "Come," you invited him to stand beside you. Slowly, he approached you, keeping a hand on your lower back to steady you. "It's beautiful tonight." He whispered, his eyes focused on the stars. Humming in agreement, you moved closer to him. His arm moved from your back to resting across your shoulders, pulling you close to him. "Are you ever going to tell Draco that you love him?" He asked you, and you groaned, "I don't really want to talk about him." He chuckled, "Come on, y/n. How much longer are you going to keep it from him, especially when the rest of us know." 

"Matt, please. I don't want to have this conversation right now." You pleaded, turning to face him. Suddenly realising how close you two were, you backed up a bit, only to hit a pillar. He inched towards you, towering over you, "If you won't tell him, I will." He tilted his head down, leaving your lips inches away from his. 

"What are you doing, Riddle?" A voice sounded, and Mattheo took a step back from you, both of you turning to see Draco standing in the corridor, his arms crossed over his chest. "We were just getting some fresh air," Mattheo stated. "Get away from her," The blonde grit out, sauntering towards you two. "What do you think you're doing? Don't you have a date to go to?" You snapped, pushing yourself off of the pillar. "I saw you two leaving and I wanted to know what you're doing." He replied with ease, pausing a few metres away from you. "Oh, you suddenly care about me, do you?" You raised a brow, your tone sharp. "I'll leave you two to talk," Mattheo said, nodding reassuringly to you before leaving. 

"What do you mean suddenly? I've always cared about you, I always will." He replied, inching closer to you. "You obviously didn't seem to care when you asked that girl to the Yule Ball," you felt tears welling in your eyes, though you tried your hardest to blink them away. "You wanted me to ask you? If I'd have known, y/n, I would've asked you then and there. I thought you didn't like me like that." You gaped at his words, "You thought I didn't like you like that? Merlin, Draco, I didn't think you'd be that thick. I've loved you since year 3! For three years, I've liked you like that." Draco inhaled sharply, before storming towards you. With both arms wrapped around your waist, he brought his lips to yours. You melted in his touch, your arms going around his neck. Pulling away slightly, he mumbled, "I've loved you since year 2." 

Mattheo Riddle:

By the bar, you were stood with Blaise, Draco and Pansy, laughing about some of the Gryffindors' outfits when you spotted Mattheo.