𝗍.𝗋 - 𝗐𝖺𝗋 𝗈𝖿 𝗁𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗍𝗌 𝗉𝗍.2

*requested*
                            ────── ∘◦ ⛤☽⛤ ◦∘ ──────

It was well past midnight when Tom stumbled into your dorm, blood staining his previously shirt. You shot out of bed, where you were lying awake waiting for him. His lips parted in a groan as you supported him, helping him to the bathroom. He leaned against the wall for support as you rushed to find the first aid. 

"How many times have I told you not to go on your own, Tom." You snapped at him, finally finding the first aid kit. Pulling yourself onto the counter, you called him over. Swiftly undoing the buttons of his shirt, he pulled it off and faced his back towards you. You winced at the gash on his back, though you decided not to say anything to him. 

There was a tense silence between the two of you while you cleaned the wound, your free hand harshly gripping his shoulder to keep him in place. "Dig your nails into my shoulder any harder and you'll create a new wound." Tom stated, and you shook your head at his feeble attempt at making conversation. Though, you did soften your clutch on him, smiling softly. 

Once you'd disinfected the wound, you waved your hand over the gash and watched as it slowly closed, earning a pained groan from the prefect. Spreading salve over the healing wound, you saw his body relax under your touch. 

"All done." 

You turned to pack everything up, watching from the corner of your eye as he turned to face you, stretching his upper body. 

"Thank you." His voice was low, his hands playing with his bloodied shirt. You nodded in response, pushing yourself off of the bathroom counter. "Y/n," he called for you, but you refused to meet his stare. His tone became softer as he called your name again. Ignoring him, you continued to clean up until he turned you around to face him, pressing you against the countertop. 

His hands were on your waist, pinning you down. Your eyes finally met his, and there was a glint in his eyes, something you'd never seen before. You tensed slightly, seeing his gaze drop to your lips, then back up to your eyes.

"Do you have something to say to me?" You asked, an underlying tone of hope lacing your voice.

His lips parted, as though he was going to say something, then shut it. By the look on his face, it was clear that he was weighing the consequences of something, but you couldn't decipher what. 

Suddenly, he moved away from you, but you noticed his stare falling to your lips again. A feeling of disappointment rushed through you, but you shook it off. 

"No. Just thank you," he muttered, and you inclined your head. 

"Goodnight." Tom rushed out of the bathroom and your room, not giving you a chance to say goodnight. 

                            ────── ∘◦ ⛤☽⛤ ◦∘ ──────

The next morning, Tom didn't show up to breakfast, and any classes you saw him in, he refused to look you in the eyes. You thought that to be weird, but finally reasoned that it wasn't because it was him.

After all your classes, you and Pansy walked into the common room and saw your friend group sat there, rambling on about something stupid. You paid them no mind as you noticed Tom. His stare met yours and he immediately stood up and walked up to his dorm. 

"I'll be right back," you told Pansy before following him up. His door was wide open, and you knew that he was waiting for you. As you walked in, you shut the door behind you and watched Tom pace around the dorm. 

"Tom," you started but he quickly silenced you. "You're everywhere. Even when you're not there." He mumbled, his jaw clenched in frustration. Blinking rapidly, you replied in confusion, "What are you talking about?" 

"You. I'm talking about how you are the only thing that I seem to be thinking about from the moment I wake up to the moment I go back to sleep." 

Your eyes widened at his confession - at least you thought it was. 

Finally plucking up the courage to say something, you began to say something when he interrupted you again, "No. Let me finish. I don't know how you feel about me, but frankly, at this moment, I don't care. Something about you makes me want to put everything I've ever worked for, on the line just to make you happy. That smile of yours could bring me to my knees and there's nothing I wouldn't do to hear your voice. What are you doing to me?" 

There was a wide smile on your face, your eyes filled with tears. He had stopped pacing, instead kept his eyes focused on you, "Do you have something to say to that?"

You shook your head, and walked towards him. His face contorted into confusion as you pushed yourself onto your toes and kissed him. You felt his body melt under your touch, his arms wrapping around your waist to steady you. 

His grip on you tightened slightly as you pulled away, his gaze on yours. 

In that moment, he believed that the miracle he'd hoped for had come true, and maybe, there was finally some good in his life. 

"I've liked you for longer than you could imagine, Riddle." 

                            ────── ∘◦ ⛤☽⛤ ◦∘ ──────

this is really short but just wanted to post something! 

MESSAGE FOR THE TOM GIRLIES OUT THERE: i am working on chapter 8 of Deadly Obsessions, but i am in the middle of end of year exams so bear with me. But, prologue - chapter 7 have been edited and posted for you to have a read of x

thank you sm for 25K reads! ily and appreciate all of you so very much <3

please feel free to leave ideas for the next reacts/imagines in the comments!

don't forget to leave a vote if you liked this chapter! xx

love,
M <3