Chapter 14 - A Realization (Part 1)

(I'm skipping Arden's POV again because this part of the manhwa focused on Arien and Arjen's interaction...sorry!)

Arien and Arjen's POV-

Arien opened her eyes, her hazy vision adjusting to reveal the ceiling she had woken up to earlier that day. Noticing that all of her limbs were still intact, she let out a sigh of relief.

She sat up and looked at her brother, who was sleeping beside her. He too seemed to be unscathed.

'I barely managed to escape from the emperor...What have I done?,' Arien thought with horror as she recalled the events that had occurred when they were dining with the emperor, the second prince, and their youngest.

Arien quickly turned and woke up Arjen, seeking reassurance.

"Arjen...We're not dead, right? Is he waiting to kill me after I wake up?"

She trembled in fear as her eyes began to water.

"The emperor just sent us back".

Arjen sat up and turned to look at Arien who was shocked by the news. It seemed like she had expected to be executed the moment she offended the emperor.

"What? No way..."

Arjen's eyes became stern as he stared at his sister. His mature gaze looked very intimidating in the eyes of Arien.

"What were you thinking...doing something like that in front of the emperor?"

'Arjen is mad...'

Arien realized this and braced herself for a scolding, but she was met with a very tight hug.

"Don't ever do that again. You made me worried."

[232 words]

Note-

Sorry this chapter is so short! I've been very busy with school, and I was assigned a lot of homework this weekend. I'll publish a longer chapter when I'm less busy!!