Chapter 27 - Hug (Part 3)

Arden's POV-

Wisps of sunlight passed through the thin curtains covering the window, shining its welcoming light onto a small boy with golden hair. The boy glowed, looking ethereal as he slept.

Then, he woke up from his slumber, letting out a small yawn as he sat up. As he did this, the door opened.

As expected, it was Alec, who wore a gentle smile. He looked as he always did, but there was a clear difference between today and every other day: Alec had walked in while holding two children.

Arden recognized them to be Arien and Arjen. Letting out a small smile, he greeted the two.

"Good morning, Arien and Arjen..."

"Good morning..."

At once, Arden recognized their somber mood and contemplated ways to console them.

Alec then stepped aside to reveal another person: a young man with blonde hair and a stoic face.

"Brother, who is he...?"

Arden tilted his head adorably, visibly confused.

"This is your eldest brother, Lloyd."

Lloyd looked down at him stoically, though the blush on his cheeks betrayed him. He then knelt down in front of Arden.

"You're...small...and very cute."

This caused Arden to blush as well. Though he had gotten used to these words due to Alec's pampering, he was also easily flustered.

"Thank you...What brings you here, big brother?"

Lloyd's cheeks turned even redder, and he coughed a bit before responding.

"I came across Arien and Arjen, and they wanted to visit. I am merely accompanying them."

"I see..."

"May I...pick you up?"

Lloyd now looked like a tomato, blushing to the point where even Arden questioned whether or not he was ill.

"Sure...?"

The older boy gently wrapped his arms around Arden, as if applying even a bit of force would cause him to shatter.

"You're very cute."

He repeated his earlier statement as he looked at the small child in his arms with affection, causing Arden to blush even more fervently.

[302 words]

This actually so bad 😭

I might have to start posting even less frequently for the next few weeks, since I have a lot of important exams coming up...