♡𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙨♡

a/n

dedicated to my kitty, Yoda! rest in peace ml and happy birthday!!! <33

*Human AU*

*sophie and keefe are married btw :)*

Sophie and Keefe were on a date in town just walking around holding hands, Keefe giving her the occasional kiss. The couple walked around for a bit until they came across a pet store.

"Wanna go in?" Keefe asked.

"Okay!" Sophie smiled when Keefe opened the door for her.

They wandered around in the store for while. Sophie stopping to admire the occasional hamster. Sophie and Keefe had been holding hands and only after Sophie walked into the reptiles aisle did she realize she wasn't holding Keefes hand. She wandered around the aisles in search of Keefe. She went down the cat aisle and saw him talking to a cat.

"Keefe?" Sophie said.

"I-um, heeeyyyy Fosterrrr." Keefe stammered.

"Are you talking to a cat?" Sophie crossed her arms.

"I-no-yes." Keefe sighed in defeat.

"What's his name?" Sophie asked, walking over to the cage.

"Carl." Keefe grinned like a toddler.

"He's so fluffy!" Sophie smiled, petting the cat.

"I know!!" Keefe exclaimed.

"Do you want him?" Sophie asked.

"No!" Keefe answered a little to quickly, but the sparkle in his eyes said otherwise.

"Oh okay then." Sophie said. 

Her and Keefe then walked back to their house in silence, Keefe visibly upset. Keefe walked upstairs sadly and flopped onto their bed and slept. Sophie then snuck out of the house and rushed to the pet store before the cat was adopted. 

"Oh hello again!" A nice old lady said.

"Hi! I was wondering if I could adopt this cat." Sophie said, pointing to the cage.

"Oh yes! He's been here for quite some time. A sweetheart he is. He seemed kind of sad when that blonde boy you were with left. Your boyfriend?" She asked.

"Huh? Oh, no he's my husband." Sophie blushed, showing her ring.

"Oh I adore people who get married young!" The lady smiled.

"Yeah." Sophie blushed. "So the cat"

"Right! Here he is!" She said, pulling him out and putting him in a carrier.

"Thank you so much!" Sophie smiled 

"Your husband is very lucky to have you!" The old lady grinned. Sophie smiled and rushed home. She picked up some kitty litter, food, and the essential necessities. 

She opened the door and called out for Keefe. No response, he was probably still asleep. She placed the cat in the laundry room and set everything up. Afterwards, she walked to upstairs to wake up Keefe. She sat on the bed and heard muffled sobs.

"Keefe, honey?" Sophie said.

"Yeah?" He said weakily.

"What's wrong love?" She whispered.

"Nothing" Keefe sniffled. 

"Love, there's obviously something wrong." Sophie insisted.

"T-the cat. I've always wanted one, and n-now I regret saying I didn't want it. He's the only animal that seems like he likes me. I want him. I really do and-and." Keefe continued sobbing.

"Keefe, honey. C'mere." She opened her arms for a hug and Keefe gladly took it. 

"Let's go get some hot cocoa." Sophie whispered in his ear and he nodded. They wobbled downstairs and Sophie steered away from the kitchen and into the laundry room.

"Hey you're not tricking me into doing laundry are you?" Keefe groaned.

"Shush." Sophie ordered and Keefe obeyed.

Sophie opened the laundry room door and low and behold the kitten was there. Keefe froze and his jaw dropped, visible excitement in his eyes.

"S-Sophie, you didn't." Keefe stammered.

"I did." Sophie grinned and Keefe ran to pick up the cat.

Sophie enjoyed watching her husband play with the cat. She enjoyed seeing him happy, she was very thankful for her photographic memory so she could always remember this moment.

"Sophie." Keefe said, crushing her with a hug. "I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too, now let's play with the cat." Sophie suggested. The couple sat on the laundry room floor and played with their new addition to the family. Keefe smiling happily. Sophie loved her husband who was secretly 4 at heart.

A/N

PLEASE HELP ME! THIS MELTED MY HEART!!!!!!!!!!!  I LOVE CATS SMM! I ACTUALLY HAVE ONE NAMED CARL!!!!!!! HENCE WHERE THE NAME COME FROM :3 ANYWHO, ILYASMM! THANK YOU FOR 1.1K READS!! I LOVE Y'ALLL!!!!!!! 

sophiescencen---> out

word count: 784 (ehehehhehehe)