Chapter 9: Emotional Moment

Sabo's POV:

It's Alex's birthday! So we're getting ready for his party. We have never celebrated it before, because he said he didn't like celebrating it. But eventually, Thatch pushed enough to get us to spill when his birthday was. The thing is though, Alex never told us why he disliked his birthday. So, we decided to make this the best day of his life! So what if he doesn't like it!

Me and Ace were on decoration duty with Izo and Marco, Thatch was on food duty along with the other chefs, obviously, Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Nami, and Nojiko were on disraction duty, Nemur was getting fishes for food, and Pops was just sitting, like he usually does.
.
.
.
.
Luffy's POV:

Alex is still asleep, so me and my friends ( that are gonna be part of my future crew ) had to wait to distract him. He always gets gloomy on his birthday. And it makes me sad, so I'm gonna make this a happy time for him! I swear on my future of being the Pirate King!
.
.
.
.
........( Time skippe )........

Soon, Alex woke up. MISSION STARTS!

" Alex! Come play with me and my friends with Pops! Please!"

" Okay, Luffy, let's go."

Another thing about his birthday is that he's not as lovey dovey with me. It doesn't feel right. What's so wrong about his birthday that it even makes my charm resistable? It scares me.

After we got to Pop's chair, Pops also started to notice Alex's gloomy aura. I mean, it's his first time with Alex on his birthday, so he probably doesn't know Alex doesn't like his birthday. I'll tell him later!

" Luffy, I'm hungry, let's go and eat, yeah?"

SHOOT! My weakness! I WILL RESIST!

" NO!... I mean.... I don't wanna eat right now, I'm feeling sick..." I groaned, and acted as if I was about to throw up.

" Okay. Zoro, Sanji, you two go and have gay time in your room. Nami, Nojiko, go have some sister bonding time in yours."

Zoro and Sanji got red..... what is gay time? BUT, Nami and Nojiko laughed and ran off to their room. Eventually, Zoro and Sanji went to have "gay time". YAY! Now, it's just me and Alex. I got this! I will finish my mission!

" C'mon, Luffy, let's go to bed and snuggle."

" Okay, Alex!"

As we were walking away, Thatch yelled at us.

" ALEX!"

" Yes, Thatch?"

" LE GASP?! WHERE IS THE ENERGY?!"

" Not right now Thatch, can it wait?"

.
.
.
.
........( 3rd POV )........

Thatch looked down after hearing this. Soon enough his eyes landed on his feet. From his observation, Alex looked tired, and unable to go on with his life, at the moment.

He was mad at himself. He always thought Alex had it easy just because of his personality. He should've known better. Everyone hides behind a mask, even if it only is for a little bit.

After standing there for a little, Thatch went up and hugged Alex. It was quiet, and no one on the deck dared to disturbed them. They new something was going on.

Eventually, Alex started breaking down on Thatch's shoulder. He hugged back, and gripped Thatch's shirt, his legs almost giving out. He sunk down to the floor, Thatch still holding onto him.
.
.
.
.
Alex's POV:

I broke down on Thatch's shoulder. This is embarassing. Everybody's watching me.

I saw the trio run up to me. Luffy was the first one to get to me. He hugged me too. It was nice. Then, even Sabo and Ace gave me a hug. It was very nice.

" You wanna talk about it?" Thatch asked me.

" I dont know.."

" Well, only say what you're comfortable with, then."

" On my 6th birthday, my actual parents were killed by marines. I was then put in a slave auction. On my 8th birthday, I was bought to be put in the pleasure district of Sabody. On my 9th birthday, I lost my dignity. A week after my 11th birthday, a Celestial Dragon bought me out, and I lost even more dignity. I satayed with him for about a year. 2 months before my 13th birthday I was sold to an abusive household. It's not even that bad, some people have it worse. I'm just so emotional about everything. I'm sorry."

" Hey! Don't say that! Just because some people have it worse, doesn't mean anything. We have all had to go through things we shouldn't have gone through. And just because we've had it worse, doesn't make your problems a drop in the ocean. It is a whole lot more. Now, we still have to make this the best day of you life, so get up, and stop crying. Of you ever need someone to talk to, the whole crew is here. Just because you're the 'therapist' of the crew, it doesn't make your emotions irrelevant. So don't push them back, pour it out, okay?"

" Wow, didn't know you could be so emotional." I chuckled.

" Hey! After what I just said, you're mocking me?!"

We started wrestling on the deck. It was fun. I think my day just got better. It especially got better when I saw Marco and Ace kiss.

( A/N: I got their ages figured out. Yay! Anyway, Marco is now 19, so Ace and him only have a 5 year difference. )

" GAY!" I yell at them.

What makes it even better is, when Zoro and Sanji hugged. THEY HUGGED! Ahh... to be young and gay.

They turned red, and immediately let go of eachother.

" Marco! Stop being the rainbow, and bring out Alex's cake!"

Marco rolled his eyes at Thatch's voice, and left to go get the cake. Cake...

" CAKE?! SINCE WHEN DID YOU MAKE CAKE?!"

" Girl, we have a whole party ready for you."

" Presents too?"

" Would we even be friends if we didn't get you presents?"

" No, no you wouldn't."

" Hey, Alex, we get to give our gifts first, because we've known you longer!"

" Okay, Ace!" I chuckled at him.

" Yay! We get to give our presents to Alex first!"

" Yes, Luffy, we do."

" You tired, Sabo?"

" Yes, Alex, yes. I did pretty much all of the decorations. I'm exhausted."

" Well, sleep well after this. Now, LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!"

To Be Continued...
( 1,003 words)

Should I put Thatch and Alex together?