Secrets

Days go by as Kiyotaka embarks on his "Love Journey" with Honami. But to protect Kiyotaka, Honami decided to keep their relationship a secret. She is not fond of the idea of Kiyotaka being harrassed simply because she is dating him.

Honami figured that by breaking up with Kei and leaving his former class, he has painted a big red cross on his back. Honami thought that Kiyotaka will be targetted by his former classmates as a way of saying "you shouldn't have done that".

Honami also didn't want rumors that said Kiyotaka only did all of that just to be with her. It brings a sour taste in her tongue. She knows Kiyotaka more than everyone, she knows what he's hiding from them. Honami is fully aware.

.
.
.

The bell rings, it's time for lunch.

==Ichinose POV==

I wonder if Kiyotaka has been eating my bentos...

A comical bubble of thoughts form above Honami's head. Chibi Kiyotaka eating his bento discreetly inside the cafeteria.

Pffft, surely he has no problem eating them in the public. It's easy to lie for him anyways, it's as if he lies normally as he breathe.

He could just tell everyone that he made the bentos himself and pass it off as his, painting his cooking skill as a "hidden skill" of his.

"Ichinose!" Shibata called out

"Hmm?"

Shibata is a good friend of mine, he's our Token Athletic classmate in our class. He's easily outgoing when he needs to be and gets along with everyone else.

"Have lunch with us? Mako misses you!"

"Does she now? Hehe, sorry I guess I've been busy."

"Don't mention it, she's-"

"No, do mention it." Mako chimed in.

Mako who has interrupted our conversation, shooed Shibata away. At first Shibata resisted, insisting that we all should get lunch together. But Mako was stubborn on having a one-on-one lunch with me.

Amikura Mako is a friend of mine that likes teasing people, she's rarely serious, only needing to be when it comes to it. Mako is carefree, she's the only one that has fully supported me even when we had fallen to Class D. She's my best friend.

Seeing Mako very serious, I was worried. It was clear that I am letting down the class. We are slowly ascending towards class C, slowly but surely. So that shouldn't be a problem... is it because of the speed of which our class is going? I understand that we need to go and quickly move back to our position but shouldn't our best move be to do it patiently?

"What do you need, Mako?" I asked

"..."

She looks left and right, looking like she was going to do something suspicious, she then grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the nearest room.

The door was slammed shut, her hands on the door and her back facing me. The room suddenly got tense, I was about to speak when she suddenly muttered.

"Give it to me straight..."

"W-what? Mako you're-"

She turned around and faced me. She started marching towards me, forcing me to take a step back with each step.