Chapter 1

"NO" I woke up drenched in sweat,pulling the covers off of me I stood in front of the mirror. Looking at my reflection I muttered "It's just a dream,just a stupid dream".
I looked at myself ,I had changed a lot my shoulder length hair reached my waist now which was braided ,I had lost weight I looked rather beautiful even to myself ,everything had changed except for the scar.
A Cresent shaped scar on my neck.

I went to the washroom washed my face and looked at the time "Damn, it's only four in the morning".I decided that a slow morning routine would help shake off the stupor. I picked out a red velvet off shoulder top and white baggy jeans. After I got dressed I checked the clock to find that it was six now. I made my way down to find my mom making crapes and sausages. "Good morning" she wished ."Good morning maa" I yawned as I sat down at the counter. "Didn't you sleep, why are you so tired, haa but how will you sleep when you stay up till eleven with that stupid laptop" she scolded raising her spoon at me. "Maa I had work to do na" I whine,"OH ho then do one thing keep working don't eat or sleep just sit in front of that laptop and keep working na" she said glaring straight at me.I shut up and ate my food not wanting to censor her.
I finished my food in a hurry stuffing the last juicy sausage into my mouth I ran upstairs to get my white coat for work later. "Bye maa,tell papa I'll see him at the office lounge for the new collaboration ,love you" I called wrenching my red heels on. I was pretty sure she said something in return I didn't wait to ask what she had said. I jumped into my Volvo and took off.

I reached at her door just as she was taking out her phone to call me. "Hey bae,omg my bestie looking so hot today"she said as she got in the car. "Hey Evi,you looking fine today is there a guy"I asked her slighly. "Oh Please Bevy,do I really need a reason to look good"she asked fixing her makeup in the front mirror. "Hey heard anything from the guy you hooked up with last week"I asked "you know what, I did and he is an absolute ass " I laughed, "What bae he really is". "Well I don't doubt it" I told her and we both laughed. "Hey let's get some coffee " I said. "Okay,yeah" "yeah ". With that I started driving to our favorite Cafe 'Al Shiqa' chatting and laughing with Eva.It was a routine for me now get up get dressed and get coffee with Eva . Her full name is Eva Asghar ,her family runs a multinational company which has been passed down for generations. Well she is the next CEO after her father. Eventhough our fathers were best friends we didn't meet each other till college as she did her schooling abroad. But our friendship wasn't because of family, it was like one of those rare and special relationships, I could always rely on her for everything. I knew everything about her and she knows 'almost' everything about me I guess.