Chapter 5

"Phew!" I'd finally finished the slides.I checked my phone to see the location that dad sent me. Hmmm it wasn't too long from here. 'Well then off to work ,move your butt' inner me scolded. She really was a headache sometimes.
I called Meera and handing her the files rushed out of the office nodding at anyone who wished me good morning thankfully there weren't many people around as it was 11:30 close to lunch time.
I went out and saw that my car had been left out for me as Eva promised.
I got in set the navigation and started driving. I reached the at a rather luxurious looking hotel which screamed my dad's usual taste, he preferred things with high value and looked worth a billion dollars.
"Typical dad" I sighed under my breath, stepping in.
I went to the lobby asking the receptionist the location of the table my dad had booked.

D4 ,D4 I wondered searching for the table and found a cubicle marked D4. Well at least dad picked something private for the meeting.
I walked over to the cubicle having to circle halfway around it to get to the opening.

I knocked on the side of the entrance and saw my Dada sitting on the other side of the table which meant the side of the table I was standing at was probably theirs I was about to wheel around to greet them when my dad jumped out of his seat practically jumping and skipping over to me it almost made me laugh but I kept my face smooth as I often did during work. My dad finally put an arm around me wheeing me to face the Smiths as he introduced me "This is my daughter Bevellin she is a major in MBA and she studied in America,you know she is the CEO of Al Nasr and-"
But I didn't hear what he said next or after that or after that or anything at all, the only thing my mind was fixed on were the people sitting in front of me.

'No' was the only thing I could think of.
No,no,no,no,NO....
When suddenly I felt my body shake and shake again but I couldn't make sense of what was shaking me,until-
"Bevellin"
"Huh" I muttered as I looked to my side and saw my Dad with his hand grabbing mine shaking me.
"Is something wrong beta" he asked me clearly worried with my current reaction but none of that mattered I had to get him out of here NOW.
I shook my head lightly as no.
"Then sit no"He said showing me towards the chair when suddenly everything clicked in my head it was like a hundred conversations a hundred memories rushed into my head in a second and the next second I seemed to know what to do and with that ,without my permission my face smoothened and I smiled wider than I normally would have for a partner and extended my hand to shake to the man I was sure was Altair Smith as I'd seen many of his posters as he was a well known  business man and had been taking care of a family business run by their family for generations he had a shocking dark black hair with a very as in 'very' light complection his skin looked as white and smooth as a pearl. His eyes were a golden yellow colour and he had a good natured face even if not a heart I thought sourly. I moved on to the girl who was a stunning beauty she had dark brown hair and a perfect figure with full lips and the same complection as her father. Her beauty was a subtle one and she dressed to emphasize it. She wore a baby pink satin dress which ended right below her knees I also wished her with a polite namaste that my mom had taught me then I moved on to the boy who I had only two words to explain impossibly charming and I immediately looked at the floor not risking eye contact for even  a second. "Namaste" I greeted trying to keep the shock fear and anger out of my voice it wasn't too bad sounded friendly enough I did have a decade worth of practice anyways. But I did not extent my hands to shake his
"Namaste"I heard him say in an angelic voice.
The sound cut through me like glass showing me a memory.
"You are so beautiful it's a shame you have to die" he whispered at the side of my cheek I flinched as his cold breath hit my cheek and he looked up at me with the maniacal smile grabbing my hand tearing off the sleeve of my dress throwing me on the bed hovering over me when-.
"Well I guess we should start the meeting now that everyone's here" my dad exclaimed excited as I snapped out of my memory 'Oh shit'
"Yeah dad you're right" I said sitting down at the chair closes to his and away from them.

The meeting started but I barely paid attention I had enough experience in my life with meetings to know when to act impressed, when to nod, when to look confused, but my main focus was on my thoughts and my peripheral vision. I kept a close track on the daughter whose name I just found out was Caitlin and Altair Smith but I didn't want to look at 'him'.
Of course I knew his name before it even came out of my dad's mouth.

"We're glad you're satisfied with the presentation sir" He said to my dad takung me by surprise that I actuallylooked at him meetinghis eyes but the second I met his eyes it felt impossibleto tear away not because they weresobeautifulbut because those weren't 'his eyes' "but I'm curious to know how Miss Bevellin achieved so much at such a young age, I'm sorry sir I'm not meaning to pry but we are the same age and yet I've barely achieved anything so far, I must say that I 'envy' her in many ways." He looked straight at me on that last comment.
I could see a small smirk playing at the edge of his lips as he looked at me.
"Oh oh my daughter very talented she was top in her class since 2nd grade" my dad exclaimed proudly.

I played the part and put a slightly embarrassed smile on my face. I kept trying to read his face trying to find a single expression I had found on his face in the past but nothing, he looked so awfully innocent.
"No,no keep it together this is not an Illusion it's true okay you are not insane he's messing with your head" inner me yelled while I was having an inner panic attack I could swear my breathing would stop any second now.

Unless someone deliberately stopped it...